Pico Blvd - Best of

My 2 Cents? Is it closed? Yea i like it.

For my area of Pico, John O’Groats for pancakes and other things of a breakfast nature. Also Sotto for pizza, pasta porkchop, etc.

4 Likes

Sotto, Foster Freeze, Rae’s, and god I miss Torafuku.

I feel that Torafuku’s replacement, Harikawa, has even more focused cooking, with that same great kamado rice that Torafuku featured.

1 Like

Really?? I heard tepid things when they first opened and was so sad, I loved Torafuku. I was even a regular and the sushi chef knew me and was so nice.

I’ll give Hariwaka a try, good to hear about the rice, that rice was excellent.

1 Like

El Grullense - better than King Taco

The Spot - fried chicken and waffles (and pineapple cobbler)

Happy Taco - carne asada fries

Olsons Scandinavian Deli - shrimp sandwich or caviar and egg sandwich. yum.

2 Likes

No. I am always up and down pico Blvd, from downtown to the beach and thought this would be a good idea. Also, to do other streets, Olympic, Wilshire etc…

I’m going to start trying one of these a month. Trying to keep my weight down. :slight_smile:

What about taco trucks? The one across from ralphs in mid city?

2 Likes

Stevie’s is reopening on Pico. They are hiring too.

1 Like

It looks closed.

1 Like

How long?

No it wasn’t M2C. I like them too. The sauce on the Shrimp & Cheesy Grits is crack in a bowl. I’ll try to find the name of the other place and get back to ya’.

1 Like

I think that’s the place I was asking @Nemroz about. Didn’t they close for remodel?

Yes, since April I believe.

I thought they reopened, but maybe not.

I hope so

Dear Sweet Jesus please tell me this still exists in our fine metropolis…

1 Like

Still the same chef: Head Chef Tetsuya-san actually bought the restaurant from Torafuku and now runs it as Harikawa (which is his last name).

The tepid reviews initially were likely due to the inevitable turbulence inherent to the restaurant biz when ownership changes hands. The ship has since been righted. Give it a shot. Try the wagyu hitsumabushi.

1 Like

You seriously just made my day. Thank you!

1 Like

However long you want. I just didn’t know if you only WANTED a relatively short distance (since Pico otherwise goes from DTLA to SaMo, no?).

1 Like

@TheCookie
@J_L
@ipsedixit

I used a magic device called “the google” and found this. Is this the place you’re talking about?

http://www.thespotonpico.club/contact-us.html

Is Paper or Plastik Cafe still good?