Pico Blvd - Best of

another day, another beef patty (and curry chicken special)

Went recently. Really good. The whole family is there. Really cute kid, maybe 11 years old, helped serve. He was great. Food was too.

Nemroz - Where is that from?

Thor - where did you go?

A lot of places closed from this thread. Interesting…

Wi Jammin. Do you know another patty spot on Pico?

La Seranada in West LA

How was it? I haven’t gone after they were featured and embarrassed on that show with Gordon Ramsey. It was horrible. I’m scared to eat there now.

1 Like

I should have posted here. I love this thread, but forgot about it. So many threads now!

2 Likes

My vote for OG Pico eats is hands down a Jewish deli called Label’s Tables near Robertson. This place is closing forever very soon so highly suggest you get there ASAP.

Better yet, for $12.50 on Groupon now you can get $20 worth of food. My favorite is the hot sliced brisket with coleslaw, pickle and cream soda. Pastrami, corned beef and chopped liver too are rad. Double baked rye which I believe is same as Langers Deli.This spot will be missed!!

3 Likes

no way! i’ve been going there on the groupon for 2- 3 years now, have another one to use. i’m sad… it’s a proper deli with deli vibes… nooooo

2 Likes

Label’s Table used to have several locations around the city. I used to go to the one in Tarzana and the one in Calabasas.

My grandfather used to get the greatest thing, corned beef on the crunchy/crispy rye ends. I’d stuff the meat into them and squirt with deli mustard.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip. I have a couple of Groupon gift cards, but hardly see anything I recognize or want. I’ll use one on Label’s Tables and I think I saw a 20% cash back for your fave Buna Ethiopian too.

1 Like

I dont really use Groupon much these days either. Just Labels lately and some whale watching haha .

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t see as many restaurants that I like anymore. Haha! I saw all the whale watching ads. It’s tempting. My friends used a Groupon to rent a boat to sail around the marina. We had a blast.

Thread drift…

This is not us. It’s from an adv. :slight_smile:

I was gonna say you cute :stuck_out_tongue: we’ve done same from Newport. Do you remember which business in Marina does this? Want. I always want to be on a boat .

1 Like

Oh, been a while since I’ve been there. When/why is it closing?

I’ll ask. They probably won’t remember. :smirk: It was fun. We had cocktails after at Whiskey Red’s… probably another Groupon. Ahh, the simple things in life are sometimes the best.

1 Like

Like too many other spots, owner getting squeezed out by building owner is what I heard. No specific date yet but imagine if you stop seeing the Groupon offering then they are set to close.

Where am I going to go to see the old timers hang out? It’s always the vibe of a NY Deli in the 70s in there but with old hollywood types

they’re still fighting and trying to get a new place but we dont know what’l lhappen… either way i’ll miss the way it is now.

egg salad is bombizlz

2 Likes

How’s the bread? It looks pretty good.