Pliny the Either

Wow I miss the KRBC Citra lottery days! One of my favorite beers, but I haven’t had it recently. Unsure if it had hold up over the years.

I feel out of the beer scene, like is Firestone Walker still good? I used to be at the MDR Propagator weekly and drive up to Buellton for their sour releases…

I’m sad seltzers/spirits took over, the beer scene last decade has relatively quiet apart from closures and consolidation.

3 Likes

Yep! Used to drive up for those lottery days. Would stay next door at the lodge. Our kid was made at that lodge… (or in spain the week before)… his nickname is Citra

8 Likes

PtE is pretty good but I prefer Blind Pig. Monkish makes some really good new school IPAs. Oh how I miss Alpine Nelson. Agree on HP Brew.

Yalove all of those to be honest. We used to obsess about Alpine and stopped when dude went all racist in his newsletter just before the green flash buyout. these days i’m really happy with my local hopped pilseners and porter at Enegren. HP still makes the nicest hop juice in LA probably.

4 Likes

I was just at Ocean Liquor in South Pasadena. They have cans of KRBC Citra DIPA in stock.

2 Likes

ya they scaled up production a lot

i just had a really nice citra hopped ipa at Topa Topa last weekend

WF report. Only one 6 pack available from Kern River Brewing. Can date back in Sept.

3 offerings from El Segundo. I opted for the Mayberry instead of the stone cold Steve Austin offerings. Can date mid January.

They also just restocked blind pig / PtE - bottle date 2 days ago.

4 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

The Hermosillo also has it on tap.

1 Like

fathers office also has it thursday and saturday, but you have to buy $42/ticket…
didn’t realize they now offer takeout - can finally add ketchup to the burger

1 Like

$42 for a pour of Pliny the Elder or do you get other stuff?

2 plinys and one more russian river beer, but mostly paying to avoid waiting and uncertainty…

3 Likes

2 pours of Pliny and 1 of something else…not a horrible deal I might do it

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/verdugobar/p/C3D6G0Pv8x0/

YOUNGER

1 Like

Yup I meant Younger.

For all the OC folks Tustin Brewery just tapped a keg of Younger. 2 per person limit.

2 Likes

Maybe they got sick of fulfilling orders from Lustig…

1 Like

Bar 326 at the Farmers Market tapping at 5 today: BAR 326 on Instagram: "Today at Bar326 🍻 Russian River, Pliny the Younger tapping at 5pm, along with other amazing Russian River brews. PTY is first come first served @5pm, one 10oz pour per person in line at a time until it runs out. 🍻"

1 Like

There’s Pliny the younger at najas at king harbor one redondo and they also appear to have elder.