Post Your Daily Sandwich

another Cemita Poblanas crushed .

6 Likes

Where at?

not tellin.

cemitas poblanas is the truck… pico/fairfax

Is that a glorious pile of cheese I see underneath your choice of protein? I hope it all melted. Looks so good!

1 Like

definitely cheese, definitely not melted… the stringy cheese and avocado are signatures of a proper cemita… in fact it’s these 2 things along with the bread that makes the sandwich

3 Likes

I love cheese. I especially love cheese in sandwiches. Going to have to find a proper cemita in my neighborhood…there are more tortas here…oftentimes, drowned in sauce.

Cemitas are a little hard to come by in our neck of the woods. I had one up in the SFV a few years ago. I love me a good torta, but the cemita was a revalation.

I still need to try Don Adrian in Van Nuys (Keyes Keyes Keyes) for their Cemitas.

3 Likes

From what’s been explained to me, quesillo and the eggy sesame seed bun are definite musts for a cemita

1 Like

Papalo and chipotle chiles are standard cemita options too. I like Don Adrian, but my favorite is a truck along Whittier Blvd. in East L.A., Cemitas Tepeaca. The abundance of papalo from “El Rey” was intentional as a a little herb bouquet.

Don Adrian:

Cemitas Tepeaca:

8 Likes

that’s what i meant by ‘signature’, yea

1 Like

Ooooh Ill have to check this out.

1 Like

Molinari special with roasted peppers on hard roll

5 Likes

Good eye. I thought it was cabbage. :slight_smile:

baguette purchased from saigon bakery at san gabriel & valley. pepperoni and three types of hard salami, jalapeno, english cucumber & mayo. major food coma followed.

2 Likes

The Hat Pasadena

8 Likes

Did you add cheese???

Yes American…

Add…as in you brought your own? Doesn’t look like there is any heat melting it.

Finally made it to daughters deli. Pretty great sandwich. The Pastrami had just the right amount of delicious fat.

10 Likes