Quarter Sheets Pizza Club

Sorry. It’s a scam. Not just this place but all these places that do this with all these fees and surcharges. I will never support these scams. Charge me a price. Include tip or not upfront, but the surcharges? Blow me.

Let’s add a utility surcharge
Insurance surcharge
Waste disposal surcharge
advertising surcharge
Internet subscriber charge
Sheet pan cleaning fee
Mold abatement surcharge
Transport From Pan To Box Fee
Pizza Box Forest Sustainability Fee

Where does it end?

PISS OFF. These are costs of doing business. I don’t give a flying fuck what your electric bill is. Charge me a price figure it out so that you pay your fucking electric bill and I get my pizza and can tip your employees.

BTW, your employees don’t work for me. I don’t need you to put the burden on me to pay your employees a fair wage. I’ll buy the pizza, you pay the employees a fair wage. I don’t give a craps ass what portion of the price I pay goes to pay them.

Jesus. @robert is 100% right.

Ok, I know everyone here hates me now.

22 Likes

You’re not wrong. Owners are so afraid of raising prices that they resort to this stuff

7 Likes

I prefer service compris, but I’m fine with service charges in lieu of tips. So long as the money all goes directly to employees (required by law in some places) such service charges are not part of gross receipts, so the restaurant doesn’t have to pay a percentage to the landlord.

4 Likes

I’m fine with that too. But this line item crap to “cover costs” should be built in to prices.

1 Like

I’m fine with surcharges for government mandates as well. Again it keeps the money that’s not going to the restaurant out of gross receipts.

2 Likes

I’m a pretty pro labor person but I agree with this take. As a customer my job is not to subsidize your employees wages that’s the owners job to figure out the economics of a business. Only caveat for me is a health care charge but that’s my own personal ideology.

Unless you remove a tip line I shouldn’t be paying for fees on top of fees on top of fees. I have no problem leaving a decent tip or paying a service fee if the fee goes directly to employees.

I also don’t love the take out tip line that has continued to be populated post Covid.

6 Likes

Uh, no, Covid is still the #3 cause of death in the US. Around 4-500 deaths a day.

2 Likes

Me, too!!

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Restaurant surcharges & service charges: threat or menace?

Did a test order double check that they didn’t ask for gratuity and now its called an “Operating Fee”, it is down to 7% and gratuity is optional. Seems like surge pricing was in effect when I ordered. Kinda shady.

5 Likes

What are the details on the “taxes & fees”? That’s more than sales tax.

1 Like

I think the additional might be the Tock fee @PorkyBelly mentioned earlier

Screenshot 2022-12-28 at 1.14.07 PM

4 Likes

They’re not charging sales tax on the “operating fee.”

Where is the surge pricing?

this varying service fee (10%, 20%, and now 7%) is ridiculous.

looks like they also added the “not gratuity” verbage.

5 Likes

Per that Eater article the owners weren’t really ready to open and have been playing catch-up.

Apologies that was more of a commentary on the shifting goal posts of different fees 10% to 20% to 7%

1 Like

Then wtf is the 7%? :exploding_head:

2 Likes

$2.25 is charged by Tock. I guess the 7% supposedly covers the restaurant’s costs on their side? But why should that be a percentage rather than a flat fee per order?

By that reasoning should they have a dine-in surcharge to cover the extra costs over takeout?

2 Likes

a $36 disguise for a $40 pizza.

6 Likes