Quarter Sheets Pizza Club

I’m fine with that too. But this line item crap to “cover costs” should be built in to prices.

1 Like

I’m fine with surcharges for government mandates as well. Again it keeps the money that’s not going to the restaurant out of gross receipts.

2 Likes

I’m a pretty pro labor person but I agree with this take. As a customer my job is not to subsidize your employees wages that’s the owners job to figure out the economics of a business. Only caveat for me is a health care charge but that’s my own personal ideology.

Unless you remove a tip line I shouldn’t be paying for fees on top of fees on top of fees. I have no problem leaving a decent tip or paying a service fee if the fee goes directly to employees.

I also don’t love the take out tip line that has continued to be populated post Covid.

6 Likes

Uh, no, Covid is still the #3 cause of death in the US. Around 4-500 deaths a day.

2 Likes

Me, too!!

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Restaurant surcharges & service charges: threat or menace?

Did a test order double check that they didn’t ask for gratuity and now its called an “Operating Fee”, it is down to 7% and gratuity is optional. Seems like surge pricing was in effect when I ordered. Kinda shady.

5 Likes

What are the details on the “taxes & fees”? That’s more than sales tax.

1 Like

I think the additional might be the Tock fee @PorkyBelly mentioned earlier

Screenshot 2022-12-28 at 1.14.07 PM

4 Likes

They’re not charging sales tax on the “operating fee.”

Where is the surge pricing?

this varying service fee (10%, 20%, and now 7%) is ridiculous.

looks like they also added the “not gratuity” verbage.

5 Likes

Per that Eater article the owners weren’t really ready to open and have been playing catch-up.

Apologies that was more of a commentary on the shifting goal posts of different fees 10% to 20% to 7%

1 Like

Then wtf is the 7%? :exploding_head:

2 Likes

$2.25 is charged by Tock. I guess the 7% supposedly covers the restaurant’s costs on their side? But why should that be a percentage rather than a flat fee per order?

By that reasoning should they have a dine-in surcharge to cover the extra costs over takeout?

2 Likes

a $36 disguise for a $40 pizza.

6 Likes

Quarter Sheets is one of those places I really want to like every time I order. Unfortunately I am left with a very hollow feeling after their purely transactional service in combination with the way they add charges to the order.

Their pizza itself is very good, but I feel that their best days were in COVID when people wanted low-touch products with minimal interaction.

Unless the product is truly revolutionary or a paragon of product (Pannetone from Roy, Hayato Bento, etc…), I think people expect a bit more when paying so much.

6 Likes

You couldn’t pay me to eat there.

Delete

2 Likes