Random Thoughts & Questions

plus it’s real easy to just scroll past posts you don’t care or agree with.

6 Likes

There are currently 1224 users but some post only once in a while (or not at all).

270 have Trust Level 2, which means they have posted occasionally. You have to participate quite actively to get TL3 and will drop back to 2 if you become less active.

ftc_users

This

1 Like

In all fairness, Cath, you have on several occasions. :relaxed:

3 Likes

What IS the reason for toilet pics? If I’ve asked before, maybe it’s cause I’ve not seen the answer. Do only men post those pics?

Is this what you think constitutes snarky meanness?

1 Like

Graphs or no graphs, a lot of our beloved, sweet-natured posters are gone or posting less.

4 Likes

Only Toto connoisseurs will understand.

5 Likes

I told you and you said you got it and you’d stop mentioning it, but you just don’t remember. So how about dropping it, maybe?

5 Likes

Okay. Maybe I’d been drinking?!? :smile:

1 Like

[quote=“catholiver, post:355, topic:5680”]
Okay. Maybe I’d been drinking?!? :smile:
[/quote

Hahahaha

1 Like

Yeah, I think the reliance on DATA isn’t necessarily helpful to the conversation b/c we’re talking about emotions and opinions, and I don’t think most of us are going to change those things based on numbers or tables.

Posters here tend to be very well-spoken (-written) and highly opinionated. It can make a community vibrant or cause people to slink away if they feel the environment is intolerant.

So can we find ways of expressing ourselves fully but not harshly (b/c I’d hate for people to fully horribly stifled)? And, as @Hungrydrunk, can we just learn to scroll past stuff we don’t like w/o feeling a need to respond to EVERYTHING? Life’s busy enough, so being able to scroll past stuff on the internet is a bit of a luxury, IMHO…

4 Likes

You crack me up sometimes. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Do I remember that there’s a way to block seeing anything from a particular poster? I’m pretty sure we could do that on CH.

Excellent point.

Yes, I’ve been trying to work on that.

2 Likes

Alas, no (at least, not to my knowledge). I had asked @robert about that once b/f.

(Edit: I stand corrected. See posts below)

1 Like

1 Like

No, the Discourse guys think bozofilters are not conducive to civil conversation. Chowhound didn’t have that either.

Er, see above post.

I think this is a good list, and I’d like to add that it would also be in the spirit of tolerance and compromise to also try to work on being less thin-skinned and taking posts on a foodie message board so personally.