Republique

Not at all! I thought the meme was hilarious.

It brought back so many memories of no-fun conversations I’ve had over the years, where I finally had to tell people, look, I agree with you, we should allow this modification, but the answer is no and that’s not going to change

4 Likes

Confirmed that they are Harry’s Berries!

5 Likes

Fully expecting a post-first slice report on whether they were Bat signal worthy. After which you may proceed to the second slice :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

This right here. I could see it becoming a slippery slope - you accommodate one customer request, but another time for reasons beyond your control, you can’t for another customer and before you know it, it’s shared/misconstrued on social media and now you have to spend time you don’t have addressing it.

However, while we are on the subject of special requests that won’t be fulfilled… can you imagine a MSBPCP with alternating layers of berries and mango??? Holy bat signal!

6 Likes

That’s a game changer!

Hi @MalibuT,

They use Tamai Farms Strawberries as noted here.

1 Like

Not a game changer anymore! BYOHB!

3 Likes

Strange - I DM’d them and got the response that they were Harry’s Berries… but I will confirm when I go pick up my pie!

1 Like

Our confirmation was direct from Chef-Owner Margarita Manzke. Not going to be any more direct than that. As of this morning.

3 Likes

I can confirm that the mango one will last two days without spoilage. Not that they can’t last longer, but I don’t have the willpower to not complete it in less than two days… :drooling_face:

4 Likes

I knew that was coming.

I had a feeling they use Tamai Farms Strawberries. They might live close to Culver City FM. I saw Chef Walter there, plus I’ve noticed the produce noted on their menu & market baskets align with CC vendors - Underwood Farms, Arnett Peaches instead of Tenerelli’s and now Tamai Strawberries instead of Harry’s. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@moonboy403 special

22 Likes

Strawberry with mango…
Strango-ways, here we come.

3 Likes

Re-heat is murder…

1 Like

Beauties

1 Like

The Queen('s foot traffic) is dead…

Different bases, there are strawberries mixed in with the passion fruit cream.

8 Likes

Ahh…then it makes perfect sense why they would say no. You didn’t BYOHB?

1 Like

Reporting back for @MalibuT so I can proceed to my second slice. The strawberry was very good but doesn’t quite top the mango. Perhaps it was the non-harry’s strawberries which weren’t as sweet as the mango, I will try to BYOHB and replace the non-harry’s to see how that compares #forresearch

15 Likes