Restaurants near Immersive Van Gogh exhibit

Gonna have to do some research on a bunch of these. My kids are great eaters and we try to introduce them to as much as possible. They love a good pasta or steak, but can easily veer into most ethnic foods. I would love to do one of the Thai places but I think my wife is going to want to veer more Western cuisine.

So if I opt for Thai (which makes the most sense given we’ll have 5 kids in tow and more than anything I’m scared of my SIL who tends to go overboard with ordering, which means I have to find something a bit more reasonably priced), what is the recommendation? I feel like Luv2eat shows up the most on FTC and the menu looks like one that everyone in our party would be quite happy with.

1 Like

Luv2Eat is great.

2 Likes

I would call to see if Luv2eat is doing dine in right now. They still might be doing takeout or delivery only

Pailin’s closed on Sundays, but @nemroz wrote about his many family dinners there with chowpup in tow: Pailin advanced - #41 by Nemroz

2 Likes

Magari is pretty good and close.

cheers… yes we’ve had multiple parties there with plenty of kids…

@fattydumplin you’ll need to call ahead for a bigger table

1 Like

Gwen is superb and within walking distance.

Luv2Eat has some larger tables compared to some other Thai Town places. The menu should appease just about everyone. Like another poster said definitely call ahead to see if they have indoor dining.

Other FTC favorites are Northern Thai Food Club, it’s a smaller space that specializes in Northern Thai. Pailin is great as well the owner is really nice and welcoming. We like Sapp a lot too. The signature is boat noodles and jade noodles. The stir fry dishes are not bad as well.

Honestly Luv2Eat is probably your best bet.

2 Likes

Were it not for the kids and wanting to keep it reasonably priced angle, the new’ish Superba Hollywood is right around there and has been absolutely terrific across many visits.

We’re gonna try Luv2Eat although they don’t take reservations on weekends apparently!

Saving that for a date night with my wife.

1 Like

We walked down the street to Delicious Pizza after the immersive Van Gogh exhibit. It was indeed delicious.

2 Likes

but how was the exhibit

Take that talk to Art Talk Central! lol

6 Likes

Very cool, well-designed, but not OMG that’s the best thing I’ve ever seen. Imho of course.

1 Like

i was pretty disappointed. basically a 20 minute animation projected on a wall, not “immersive” at all. i was hoping for something like borderless in tokyo, so i guess my expectations were too high.

8 Likes

Somewhat fun and interesting but completely overpriced in my opinion. Nowhere near the level of entertainment that’d warrant the price.

2 Likes