Road Trip!

Oh wow! I’m a planner but you have me beat… maps and everything! I might have to implement that in my future planning, but for a longer trip. :slightly_smiling_face:

@Dommy not sure if you are a big phone user but there is a really neat function in Google called my maps. You can drop pins on all the places you want to go and use Google maps to help with directions, address, phone number, hours of operation, etc… You can customize these pins by icon and color as well. I save all my maps then share with friends when they ask for recommendations.

3 Likes

YEP! That map I printed above is based on my google map for New York! I do one for every city we visit. But when we are actually in the city we are traveling, we take public transport a lot and want to be cognizant of our surroundings. So we prefer not to fiddle with our phones too much… that is where a print out with notes works best. At least for us. :slight_smile:

1 Like

For the record, you violated several of the country health orders banning travel in or out except for essential purposes. That’s one reason transit schedules have been cut back and buses / trains / ferries are empty.

Just curious, how so?

All travel, except Essential Travel, as defined below in Section15.i, is prohibited. … Any travel into or out of the County not expressly permitted by this Order is prohibited.

http://www.acphd.org/media/587163/alameda-county-health-officer-order-20-14-a-english.pdf

Thinking of doing Santa Barbara and want to visit a winery or two. Any favorite spots in Santa Ynez / Los Olivos?

A post was split to a new topic: Monterey - Carmel

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Santa Barbara Recs?

Apparently, my last couple of posts were inappropriate for a thread about a Northern Road Trip, because we didn’t drive to San Francisco after stopping off in one town. So unless, you’re doing that don’t post here.

It’s been fun.