Road Trip!

Here’s a map of neighborhoods that may help orient you.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1CAEXLB_enGR739GR739&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=mbC_XNm2OcLq-gTk9bq4BQ&q=map+of+san+francisco+neighborhoods&oq=map+of++san+francisco+&gs_l=img.1.0.0l3j0i67j0l6.15994.15994..18207...0.0..0.110.110.0j1......1....1..gws-wiz-img.0Fv1k20cNXo#imgrc=lbyeMKu2UZTwrM:

1 Like

Dragon Beaux is in the Richmond District and La Ciccia is in Noe Valley. The city isn’t big but traffic can be bad at times.

Damn

I need to learn how to use that app on HO that @PorkyBelly posted about.

Damn what?

They’re not close and there’s traffic. Central location will take some research, for sure.

They’re not far apart and one rarely uses the freeways when going around town. The Inner Mission, South of Market, that area would be pretty central. See the line dividing downtown and South of Market? That’s Market St. and at it’s end is the Ferry Building.

1 Like

Just double checked with Bob. If you know where’s you’re going it’s maybe a 15 minute drive from Noe Valley to the Richmond.

1 Like

Okay, gotcha’. This geo information really helps!

1 Like

To get around the city. Use the cabs . I’ll give them like 30 to 40 bucks depending up front . Tell them it’s all yours . Your in for the ride of your life . They know all the shortcuts . Never failed . You’ll be there in a hurry.

2 Likes

One other thing. Although attributed to Mark Twain, evidently he didn’t say “the coldest winter I ever spent was one summer in San Francisco.” :slight_smile:

@Emglow101, good to know. We MUNI (bus) folks but that’s sure not for everyone.

2 Likes

I’ll be the contrarian here. DB has more unique and creative dim sum than SGV but not worth the dough IMO. The last time I went, it was $40+ pp and execution of said dim sum isn’t necessarily better than the popular spots in SGV.

If you’re looking for roasted pork belly, just head to Ruby BBQ or the nearest Cantonese BBQ joint in SGV.

Depends where you’re going. I never had trouble finding parking near la ciccia or dragon beaux. But trying to find parking near liholiho or Russian hill will make driving the 405 the Wednesday before thanksgiving seem easy.

4 Likes

Love the muni also .

I can still parallel park pretty competently, even after all these years. Is that very common in LA-area?

I never really had trouble finding parking in most places in SF. Just give yourself a 45 mins head start so you have time to look for parking.

1 Like

Parallel?

I recently had a stop-off at Rancho Nipomo (one exit south from Jocko’s). Thought the tri-tip there was really solid. About as good as you’ll get from a place with walls. Served wholly un-adorned on a bolillo. Happened to be there at happy hour. Lots of cheap local crafts. The Santa Maria Brewing company is across the street for a proper bangbang.

2 Likes

Hey TheCookie, I haven’t looked at your list but for a central location I would find an Airbnb in Hayes Valley. It’s become sort of the Soho of SF, with cute non chain shops and eateries. Rich Table, Zuni, Monsieur Benjamin, 20th Century Café (bagels and honey cake), Roni, etc. all right there. Smugglers Cove for great high quality tiki cocktails. Short Uber to LihoLiho, Perbacco, Cotogna, Quince, Mister Jiu’s, etc. , etc.

3 Likes

Good suggestion.

Map of Hayes Valley, San Francisco, CA 94102

2 Likes