Rome / Florence Food Itinerary

We just disagree. Appeal to authority, but I found Katie Parla’s guides pretty useful and her taste hard to impeach. She’s not a fan either. But all good, difference of opinion.

No one who’s eaten at a lot of places in Rome would have called my meal a Pierluigi average. Since it was in 2015 I’d say maybe I’m out of date, but looking at their Yelp reviews it seems like the place has always been really inconsistent. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen so many one- and five-star reviews for one place.

Funny coincidence, I mentioned Piccolo Abruzzo here and the next day a friend who ate there with us brought it up out of the blue.

1 Like

I know nothing on this subject but saw this Eater article. Some of the pastries look very good.

1 Like

Cool article. I fell in love with maritozzo last summer.

this is content i’m here for! What do you recommend? I just added the three recs in the article to my list but always love getting the HO perspective.

1 Like

Note the guy bragging about how he uses margarine instead of butter. Most pastries I’ve had in Rome were not great.

One big exception for me is Pasticceria Boccione.

Another is Regoli.

1 Like

Yes, loved Regoli/Maritozzo

Do NOT go to the kosher pastry shop next door to Boccione. Their stuff looks pretty but it’s non-dairy and awful.

1 Like