The Anchovy and Sardine Thread

Tinned seafood otaku, unite!

1 Like

randomly, I recently discovered that they make fancy sardine forks to eat with fancy sardines.

7 Likes

Release the silver kraken!

2 Likes

That is baller!

1 Like

This seems to be a good information resource, A Guide to Canned Fish and Seafood from Spain and Portugal.

2 Likes

Seafood Salad

Romaine, Red Oak Leaf Lettuce, Bok Choy, Orange & Red Bell Peppers, Carrot, Spring Onion, Thai Basil, Sunflower Sprouts, Rice Noodle, Sautéed Frozen Lobster Tail & Claws, Sardines, Anchovies, Calamares Rellenos. Creamy Salad Dressing of Nuoc Mam Cham, Garlic Oil, Vegenaise

I used…

Dry Dock Seafood Co. Sardines

flash fried them for some crispiness. These are canned in-house at Dry Dock. I get them at BHFM for $5.99

Pujado Solano Anchovies

Remember the sale?

La Brujula Calamares Rellenos

Who could forget these cuties with the tentacles tucked inside their bodies? @PorkyBelly

Topped salad with peanuts too.

Combined leftover Conservas in a container and stuck them in the fridge to possibly be forgotten. I mean, how good would they taste after being muddled together in one container anyway? Ummm great! :hearts: A couple days later the oils & juices melded together into a delicious marinade.

Smørrebrød w/Conservas, Lemon, Red Pepper Flakes, Chives, Mayo/Sour Cream on Dark Sunflower-Rye Bread and the obligatory Scandinavian side of Ligonberry Jam, which added a touch of fruit sweet and surprisingly didn’t gild the lily at all.

These Danish open-faced sandwiches tend to be bigger and messier. But the first time I had them was at a Danish friend’s party where they were served hors d’oeuvre size, which I love so that’s what I did too. So good. :blush:

15 Likes

Calamar de Otro Planeta

How about this menu?

I love the State Bird Provisions crew, and got their anchovy toast as takeout when I was up there in December. Even though I was putting it together myself it was fantastic.

It doesn’t look like they are still available now, but the pantry staples and house made sauces they were selling under their Atomic Workshop brand were absolutely killer too.

4 Likes

Did a pantry/fridge dive and came out with Puttanesca.

14 Likes

Nice! How was that Matiz sofrito?

1 Like

I like it. It’s a good base and my go-to in a pinch. Tomatoey. A tad sugary, but a skosh of wine, tomato paste & salty stuff balances it.

4 Likes

I ordered the Agostino Recca marinated anchovies fillets a couple weeks ago . Love them. I paid around 20 dollars for 230 grams. Fantastic for salads .

3 Likes

antico nuovo

anchovies, bagnet verd, focaccia

8 Likes

How was it? Is that like a chimichurri sauce?

it was great, here’s the description on ig:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWy1IvNB1w5/

3 Likes

Cool thanks. Sounds interesting

That looks yummy.

Okay, now, that I could get into. :yum:

1 Like

Gjusta anchovy toast still bangin

8 Likes