The beverly blvd sushi joint. (somewhat long) (and that ain't no joke)

Yup: That’s pretty much Ken-san’s greatest hits.

PSA: drop by Shibucho ASAP for the best Aji you’ll ever have. It was so buttery that I actually started doubting my sanity when the incongruity between what I saw and what I tasted hit me. Also, outstanding saba and iwashi… tis the season.

3 Likes

'Tis the season for iwashi, falalalala-lalalala…

I’ve been trying to figure this place out. Is it omakase or can one order a la carte?

He loves it when you order rolls.

2 Likes

Ask Flea.

Did Shige make a cameo appearance on a superbowl commercial?

Yes, someone mentioned it on the super bowl thread. That’s what made me start wondering if I should pay a visit.

If it’s your first visit you’ll want to order a la carte. I talk about a wide variety of his commonly available offerings here: L.A. Regains a Sushi Master - Mori at Shiki Beverly Hills [Thoughts + Pics] - #10 by T3t

You could also ask about what’s seasonal (hint: Aji). I didn’t get served any tuna yesterday, so it’s probably not the best time for it, but I’m pretty sure he has some.

After your first visit, he ought to remember you, so no problem asking him to serve you then.

1 Like

Btw, does anyone know if Shige-san’s still running shop? I was thinking about what my first stop post-vaccine-immunity was going to be, but it looks like the Google Maps listing for Shibucho has disappeared, which is a bit worrying.

No idea.
#free @kevin

1 Like