Weird Eats in LA

They ate bottarga by the slice? By itself?

Oh, I guess karasumi is not as dry and salty.

Thatā€™s amateur hour technique. Gotta handle the taco using the 1cm non-greasy section.

3 Likes

:rofl:

Since I inhale my food (can I call these food?) the taco doesnā€™t spend enough time in my hands to transfer any grease to them.

I donā€™t think this is necessarily new but recently seeing some IG posts about ramen with an ice cream cone on top. Anybody have this?

Definitely some highly engineered fast food there ā€“ tasty though, in moderation. As for oiliness, I think it depends upon the condition of the oil, and also if the product is left frying after the alarm goes off. Iā€™ve seen that happen, and they do come out very oily. As for the filling, I believe it used to contain chorizo, which would account for the orange grease we used to see. It was less homogenous than it seems now ā€“ I even used to see a whole bean in there occasionally. However, that was decades ago.

I still have a couple once in a while, but usually regret it later. Taking a cue from @Ns1 , I dip them in ranch sauce.

3 Likes

Yes!!! I remember that orange grease now. Okay, the chorizo explains it. But, again, w/o that tidbit, it was like, why is this weird substance creating such a strongly colored oil???

1 Like