What's cookin'?

Was spread on the dough after it was cooked .

That’s quite clever. Thanks.

Mmm, maybe I’ll make that. I wish I could remember what else they put on the pie at this restaurant that used to make it.

1 Like

Local bratwurst and sauerkraut. Over cooked the kraut with onions a little bit . Still good . Potato and cucumber.

8 Likes

Ausgezeichnet.

2 Likes

We do sausage and onions quite frequently. Too lazy to do the potatoes and cucumber.

Dish looks really delicious.

1 Like

That reminds me that I sometimes do potatoes on the waffle iron.

I cooked lunch for the first time in 8 years.

Scrambled chickpea flour. No, I’m not Indian.

5 Likes

Rosti potato , locally made bratwurst , fried egg . Dressing made of creme fraiche, dijon mustard, and dill .

6 Likes

Loup de mer, tabouleh, white burg.

6 Likes

broccoli with oyster sauce and almonds
leftover seafood fried rice from Great China with some homemade leftover greens
leftover Mandarin chicken wings from Great China

Not sure why the photo’s so blurry.

homemade focaccia, edible but next time I’ll have a lot better idea of what to do

butternut squash with Pecorino Romano, thyme, and garlic
braised pork shoulder with kidney beans, onion, carrots, chard stalk, etc.

3 Likes

Well, shit. Step kids’ dad is a healthcare worker and woke up with a cough and fever. Kids were over for a visit yesterday. We are officially on lock-down. Luckily, we hit Beef Palace yesterday (before potential exposure) and walked out with two racks of beef short ribs, two racks of baby backs (smoking now), and various other stuff for about $250. Stay safe, everyone!

7 Likes

Pork cheese burgers, grilled onions, mushrooms, red peppers, salad, TJs ciabatta rolls

2 Likes

Ribs, TJs mac n cheese bites and arugula salad

3 Likes

Fried eggs on toast with cheese

5 Likes

Smoked a bunch of meats. Tri tip, chicken and spicy sausage. Will feed this family of 4 for 4-5 meals. Beans from earlier this week and Collards.

11 Likes

That looks fantastic! By the way, if you should get tired of the smoked meat by itself it’s a fantastic ready-made element for beans as well:

4 Likes

Thanks. I’m going to make something similar today for lunch. Have a bunch of beans and tri tip left over.

Stew going gif

2 Likes

Being a Southerner, collards are one of my main comfort foods. When I was still a toddler, Mother had put the collards on the kitchen table and turned to serve up more foods. When she turned back I had climbed up the chair onto the table and was stuffing collards into my mouth. Of course I don’t remember that but I love the story :slight_smile:

5 Likes