What's Good in Pico Rivera?

Going there tomorrow for lunch. I know Dal Rae is there. What else? Any good mexican or burgers or chinese?

We’re partial to Clearman’s Steak ‘N Stein. Nice stiff cocktails and while the steaks are good, I’m happy with salad and cheese bread.

3 Likes

haha, That name is a winner.

1 Like

I am a fan of El Molinito Restaurante Colombiano.

6 Likes

What do you get?

1 Like

The calentado makes for an excellent bean-y breakfast. If not in the mood for eggs, the pollo sudado, tamales tolimenses, or frijoles paisas make great orders.

1 Like

I’ve only been once but I’d hit Burrito Exchange again if I was nearby. Decent homemade tortillas and fast drive through

1 Like

Also in Montebello is BLVD MRKT. Lots of options there.

2 Likes

Mario’s Tacos burritos (red, green and B&C) are some of the best around. Don’t forget the get some fries accompanied by their red sauce. Family owned, has been around ever and is very good. You could go to Dino’s for the world famous chicken and across the street to Jim’s for the DUI. Another interesting place is Frantone’s for Pizza and Pasta. The will be closing soon, but another local institution. Good luck.

2 Likes

Clearman’s has lunch, would love to try, but have only been for dinner which is like you described.

1 Like

What’s the DUI?

Fries topped with chili, cheese, pastrami and likely tomato and pickle.

1 Like

Usually no tomato or pickle, I always add carne asada. Its good.

1 Like

The client ended up choosing a place she liked, it was AWFUL. El Pescador. I knew it was going to be terrible when the salsa tasted like tomato sauce. I got the shrimp fajitas. $30 later, I told her she could take home my leftovers. But, I will be going back and will try some of these places. I noticed she is within walking distance to Lupes! I heard Lupes is good.

4 Likes

Back in the day, Lupe’s hard shell tacos were pretty good. I think now its hit or miss. I would go to Mario’s for burritos. The Lupe’s in East LA is better. Sorry you had a bad lunch. You were just down the street from Frantone’s that is closing tomorrow after 59 years. I went last night for a last visit and it was good.

1 Like

I’m headed over that way now. I know this is late, but any good sushi places? Even if we have to drive for a bit.

Birrieria Jalisco in Pico Rivera has very good goat stew.