Anajak Thai (Sherman Oaks)?

I love honey walnut shrimp

5 Likes

Yah but do you order it at every single chinese restaurant regardless of the cuisine?

4 Likes

Only at Panda Express and Canto banquet type of meals. If only Needle and PRD decides to do a version of honey walnut shrimp :heart_eyes:

I remember in the 90’s when HK places in SGV started to served this dish and I knew instantly the mainstream would love it.

3 Likes

call me elitist but I would be pissed if I was a guest at a canto banquet and someone ordered honey walnut shrimp. you should be ordering the seafood bird’s nest (taro).

also who cares what mainstream is doing. cook what you love cooking and set yourselves apart, that’s how needle has been killing it.

1 Like

they did

2 Likes

I remember this as a banquet staple for years. I guess in hindsight that means we were relatively poor.

1 Like

Yeah that is elitist Mr Horse Mackrel. I am going to stuff some Panda Express orange chicken into some Jack N Box tacos and dip all of that into some ranch sauce just to spite you

5 Likes

it’s Ms Kamasu thank you and yes please enjoy

To be fair, the only orange chicken worth eating is Panda Express’s, no?

3 Likes

panda inn as well.

also new moon is good

4 Likes

Hey you know I am just joking around right

1 Like

Yes but the timing has to be right when it goes from wok to steam table

2 Likes

I’m too lazy to get my a$$ to Chaumont for the freshest croissants, so I’m gonna be too lazy to get that same a$$ to Panda Express at the right time. :wink:

Okay, back to topic. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Honey walnut shrimp and French style beef FTW!

Those were our special occasion foods growing up.

1 Like

Thatcher’s Imports will be at Taco Tuesday next week. Not sure who else is a wine person on here other than @Clayfu and not even sure if any of these are up your alley anyway.

We will be featuring a pairing and btg list from Thatcher’s Imports, with wines from Theo Dancer, Jintaro Yura, Guffens-Heynen and more. We also took it one step further. Did you miss out on Gaspard Brochet, 20 Guffens, or have yet to see a bottles of Maxime Oudiette and Philine Isabelle on a list? We are pulling some of our rarest bottle in the cellar to curate a small wine list full of gems and new discoveries ( quantities are limited:))

2 Likes

that sounds awesome!
are there reservations/tickets?

1 Like

No reservations. Line up early.

bummer - this arrangement would be a non-starter for my lady!

1 Like

I’ll be there. We are hosting some of our astrea restaurant clients for dinner.

Also I’m friends with thatcher and the team. Lots of cool wine at the price point

5 Likes