Approaching Storm

Barbarians at the gate lol! Godspeed hope you can maintain your sanity for the next couple of days!

3 Likes

I was at Gelsonā€™s yesterday just as the rain was starting (after a failed attempt at Pearl River deli), and I was like, ā€œShould I get that container of chicken noodle soup???ā€ Iā€™m so regretting that I didnā€™t! Argh.

5 Likes

:smile: Everythingā€™s fine so long as we have plenty of options in the fridgeā€¦and so long as Iā€™m doing the cooking :wink:

The rain has been steadily plentiful and the river (i.e. gutter) at the end of my driveway has been high. You either drive over it or wade through about a foot of water in your Wellies. I tend to want to do neither and wouldnā€™t subject a delivery driver to that, either. Easier to just have everything we need beforehand and stay put.

Hope everyone stays safe and dry!

5 Likes

Pouring rain and high winds reminded me of another reason I prefer a gas range. Luckily this time around the power didnā€™t go out except for a few seconds.

2 Likes

for sureā€” my power here in Ktown was out from 8am-5pm todayā€¦ I was at least able to make tea to warm up mid-day but am not happy that I went grocery shopping on Saturday for the week and now need to get rid of chicken, etc that I donā€™t want to risk eatingā€¦ grumble

5 Likes

French Onion Soup last night. Bread was homemade fast-tracked No-Knead. Both from NYT. Boy did the house smell cozy.

9 Likes

Drive safely and defensively, yā€™all. Seeing a definite uptick in motor vehicle accidentsā€¦

6 Likes

Iā€™ve never hydroplaned so much in LA. The highways have never been more slippery. Stay safe indeed.

6 Likes