April 2024 Rundown

REALLY??? Okay, I will need to hit this place up…

1 Like

I’m a big fan of their lemon bar. I find the chocolate chip cookie a bit too buttery, but it’s right on the money when compared with the zing of the lemon bar.

2 Likes

Yes im a big fan of lemon bar too!

Some personal favs: lemon bar, gooie, gooie walnut, brown butter choclate chip, snickerdoodle, panda, but you cant really go wrong.

The worst is when you get stuck behind people that are stoned. It’s happend multiple times they take forever to order because the case has so many choices.

3 Likes

100%. One time I rolled up just in time to hear the dudes ordering at the counter say, “Okay, we need to get 30 cookies” and even then struggle to choose from all the options.

1 Like

Anyone know how to contact radna silom? They don’t have socials and no response from number listed at least on text.

Trying to ask them about catering.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s a landline?

Yeah, text 323-353-4789. They can do catering. (You can also call but easier to organize over text.)

3 Likes

Awesome this is super helpful thanks!

Au Lac. Reliably good Vietnamese-ish vegan food. Across from Walt Disney Concert Hall. A good alternative to San Laurel and Asterid for a pre-concert meal.

2 Likes

Last night I stopped in VegainzLA in Inglewood. It’s vegan food with an alkaline focus. Dunno about alkaline anything, however the vegan angle was much appreciated.
Insta

Yelp
https://www.yelp.com/biz/vegainzla-inglewood
I had the beet burger, side of fries, and my partner had cauliflower something (battered, fried, and tasty).

The food was good, and the fries were sliced in thin wedges resembling thin steak fries and fried well. So they kind of entered the space between french fry/potato chip.

Parking was tough, business seemed steady to me, and if I lived closer I would make it a regular stop.

2 Likes

Alkaline “water and food” is pretty much a scam. A healthy functioning body will take care of the ph levels. Same with “cleanses”. We have an organ that does that!

If the food is good than enjoy but I wouldn’t put much stock into the benefits beyond the micronutrients in vegetables.

4 Likes

I went for the non-meat of it all. My general attitude about the healthiness of organic, or filtered water, etc is that I lived a few blocks from the 405, and now I’m close to the 60 and the 5. I wash my food and all, but the larger environmental concerns is what’s going to get me.

1 Like

Dinner at Storytellers Cafe at Grand California Hotel (Disneyland Resort).

I liked my first plate with 3 cuts of Prime Rib. They tasted so good! Short Rib, Pork Belly were nothing special. Salmon was okay.

My 2nd plate wasn’t nearly as good as my first plate. Maybe the Prime Rib was left out long enough to lose some of its taste. Maybe I was fatigue from eating too much beef. I did noticed the carver gave me a lone cut that was clearly separated awhile ago and it looked more like medium well if not more done. I struggled to finish them.

I liked the desserts. I may or may not have smuggled a bit of cookies out lol.

The hot chocolate tasted like artificial chocolate. There wasn’t milk in it. No wonder there was whip cream topping on top. It’s to mask its mediocrity.

The total damage was $53.94 after Enchant Magic Key 10% discount and 18% tip.

9 Likes

The taco stand outside the Gelsons on Laurel Canyon and Riverside is now using a weber grill for its asada, which is fun for however long it is allowed to last

6 Likes

Apollonia’s Pizzeria :yum:

El Ruso :drooling_face:

7 Likes

Private event at Holbox; Chef Gilberto was so gracious to our group, and the food here just keeps rockin’.

Shucked Santa Barbara murasaki uni / ikejime Baja yellowtail ceviche… Surprisingly (or not surprisingly) the yellowtail (hiramasa) was actually the star here. Great texture, wonderful prep. Huge bite!!!

21 Likes

Mariachi Bakery - Norwalk

Absolutely delightful iced cafe de olla and horchata tres leches cake. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:. Iced cafe de olla needs to become a thing, especially if they all taste like the ones at Mariachi Bakery. The horchata tres leches has a nice warm spice flavor with hints of nutmeg, excellent. Get both of these.

They also have a gansito tres leches to get you in your feels.

7 Likes

Iced Cafe de Olla is my jam. There are a few places that have it. But I buy the La Monarca Cafe the Olla grounds (I hear they sell giant bags of them at Costco) and cold brew it. With Trader Joe’s Brown Sugar Oat Milk creamer… it’s so good!!!

7 Likes

I saw that at Costco, definitely gonna grab that.

Post LA Kings game meal at Apple Pan. I appreciate they are open until midnight.

That Crypto dot com arena looks so wrong.

14 Likes