17 Likes

Post created at 11:59:56PM, not quite lol

4 Likes

Late night Apple Pan…

15 Likes

Lunch at Corner Beef Noodle House :yum:

9 Likes

The best imo.

Anyone know more about Corner Beef Noodle House as in the background of the cook, where in Taiwan they are from, etc.

3 Likes

Desperate for breakfast driving down Florence, saw this well-appointed guisado spot (Sazon Casero, maybe?) on the north side of Florence Ave at Brighton, just west of Normandie. I got overwhelmed by all the options and panic-ordered this quesadilla with potato-chorizo filling.

Tortilla pressed out to order, and the filling was a great mix of mild chorizo and slightly al dente potatoes; cheese was perfectly integrated in every bite. The tortilla had a little crunch to it, which made a nice contrast. The ambiance leaves a lot to be desired, but you can grab a table in the parking lot behind the stand and not feel like you’re on Florence Ave. Service was warm and professional. Ten dollars, and I’ll be back to try out more stews. They’re open from 7 - 3.

////

Tacos dorados from Antojitos Los Cuates on Long Beach Blvd in Compton. Lovely little spot. Tacos had a brilliant crunch and no grease. Filling was ground pork and some little bits of vegetable. Flavors could’ve been bolder, but I wasn’t let down by a milder early lunch. Loved the cabbage-onion salad. All wrapped in a tomato salsa. About sixteen dollars (with no option for tipping on a card) for four large tacos. Service was prompt, professional, homey, and they indulge my very poor Spanish.

12 Likes

Wild Living Foods. So good! Really liked the enchiladas.

2 Likes

Is an eggplant parm that includes a bed of spaghetti a thing anywhere else than at Santa Monica Pizza Kitchen? I generally really like this place, but this was… weird.

1 Like

Xuntos in Santa Monica was solid. They have a great list of Spanish wines and vermouths. Classic tapas dishes executed well and seasonal local specials like ramps done in the style of calcots with the traditional romesco style sauce. No paella on the menu, which is appropriate for this style of Spanish restaurant. They do have fideo which we did not get. Is it better than the best places in Madrid or Barcelona? No, but it’s on par with a good tapas bar over there IMO and worth considering if you’re in the area. QPR is good, especially for downtown Santa Monica.

9 Likes

The sign may say Pie 'N Burger, but I was here for that hand-dipped cherry shake…

15 Likes

Old school cool!

1 Like

Any white asparagus sightings on menus?

stella

4 Likes

Capo in SM is running white asparagus and spot prawns as specials at least as of last week.

2 Likes

Some of the best gas prices in the area too

5 Likes

Should’ve gotten wayyyy more!

1 Like

I felt guilty enough with 2!

1 Like

3 Likes

I have never heard of this place. You very much enjoy the cookies there?

2 Likes

I will tell you that Zooies has some of the best and most affordable cookies in the city!

3 Likes