Banned from Chowhound?

Same here. They assumed you own or work for or are a reseller of the company that makes it.

Melanie Wong always came off to me like an employee or owner or something. I don’t think she was, but she sure seemed personally invested in it somehow. Maybe she’d never had a site go to shit on her before.

4 Likes

I made some detailed introduction which in my opinion adds value to the post. Anyway, not a good site to share information

Brooks Li

1 Like

Well, in any case, WELCOME to our refugee raft of (highly informed and very helpful) food misfits… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

IMO Melanie rules the roost and can get anyone BFLd (banned for life).

She sounds awful

I don’t think Melenie Wong works for Chowhound in any capacity. I think she’s just a prolific poster.

1 Like

Oh, I don’t think she’s an employee. And she really doesn’t like anyone to suggest that she doesn’t know everything.

How coukd she have anyone banned, then?

She could have been one of the anonymous moderators, though I don’t know why anyone would think she had the power to ban anyone.

For the last year or two before CBS put the site through the wood chipper it didn’t seem like the moderators were people who knew much about the site.

1 Like

hehe, this atmosphere is more like it - no moderator without a clue trying to control the information flow. As a Chinese, I love food, home cooking, cooking technique and etc. I am managing the facebook page of spicyelement.com and shared many recipes there. :wink:

Do you guys love Chinese food, especially Sichuan cuisine famous for its mala taste (spicy and numbing)?

CBS owns the site? No wonder. That explains everything

Sichuan is very popular amongst many who frequent the San Gabriel Valley for Chinese cuisine (amongst other cuisines available there). Some of the FTCers here are what I would consider experts in that regional cuisine as well as just about anything else that is edible on this planet.

2 Likes

I agree with you. The SoCal folks are really in the know. I’m envious of the ‘bounty’ they have available.

I like Sichuan cuisine but don’t get to eat it very often so have a lot to learn. Same only more so for Xi’an and Xinjiang.

I like her. She’s very knowledgeable and not prone to chatter or personal interaction, other than sharing facts or information. This may put some people off. And she posts great links on the Media board.

2 Likes

She can be a real snot at times. I was the victim of one of her “Google is your friend” comments.

1 Like

Ouch! Then again , I’ve thought that many times, but never said it, because maybe google brought them there?

I thought of the site and now this one as a place to get and give help. That kind of comment doesn’t do it for me. I’m a much better cook today because of all the hand holding I’ve received from CHs. I love “Google” but it’s not nearly as warm and fuzzy :slight_smile:

3 Likes

[quote=“Bookwich, post:286, topic:114”]
She’s very knowledgeable and not prone to chatter or personal interaction, other than sharing facts or information.
[/quote]I like that. Chowseeker has those qualities. I don’t know of Melanie Wong. But this isn’t the first time I’ve read on this board that she can be a little nasty. Just sayin’.