Banned from Chowhound?

I like to try and keep things classy. No snide remarks, jabs, or digs.
I just simply logged off and quietly slipped out the back.

2 Likes

:::Waving hello::: Suspended on 9/12 for calling out an obvious shill on Site Talk after Beta went Alpha. Can supposedly be reinstated on 9/28, when I’m sure I’ll have to kiss some ass (it AIN"T HAPPENING!) to regain access.

9 Likes

Damn, I tried to get banned but only got a warning email. Told off this obnoxious guy I have disliked for years who accepts comped meals and other favors, but rarely mentions that in his reviews.

1 Like

Just a Hi to all the CH’s. Never banned but seemed to get a few threads shit down, and more than one post removed.

:wink:

1 Like

No ! You were my sunshine !

2 Likes

Hi Linda! Great to see you here.

2 Likes

Is Linda an LA hound ???

I hate them. I’m going to be in Boston next month, so I went to the Boston “location” looking for some tips. It was all messed up with posts such as “What to do with a flank steak?”

1 Like

I guess you could say I’ve just had my wrist slapped by Marcela because I mentioned eG and FoodTalkCentral in a post. She deleted my post and sent me an email saying “Please don’t let it happen again.” I sent he a reply telling her to “lighten up.”

5 Likes

No

No, I’m in the Boston area, kevin.

And I suspect the “lighten up” comment will earn you a suspension, CindyJ. :grin:

1 Like

I told her I was offended by her admonition… that I’m NOT disrespectful, that I’m NOT a child and that she didn’t have the right to address me as one. :innocent: Nobody puts CindyJ in the corner! And BTW, welcome, Linda!

6 Likes

As a longtime lurker, sometime contributor, I am so glad to see so many of the familiar handles showing up here.
From CH I learned so much about food, wine restaurants and cooking technique and the Home Cooking forum was a great source of inspiration. Now it is time to change my bookmark favorites to FTC.
Thanks Robert Lauriston for providing a user-centric place to share, you are a true mench!

7 Likes

Not banned, but a few wrist slaps and threatens of suspension.

Neighbor told me, this morning, that his account was disabled. No notification from TPTB, but he thinks it’s because he questioned a “You Might Like to Read” article on the Kosher board. Said article was about suckling pig and featured a large photo of just that. (Apparently the same recommendation shows on the veg*n board.)

He’s moved over to eG - as a pastry chef, he says he feels at home there.

dope.

@ElsieDee, that’s pretty hilarious about the pig article recommended on the Kosher board!

I also got the wrist-slappy (and ungrammatical) email from Marcella: “Sorry about this, but we’ve removed your post, we understand that you are not happy with the new site, but please notice that we don’t think it’s appropriate to promote alternatives to Chowhound in our discussions. Please don’t let it happen again.” Stuff it, Marssy. #1: You’re not the boss of me! #2: If you’re that afraid of other sites being mentioned as better than yours, then MAKE. YOURS. BETTER. :rage:

14 Likes

WAIT! He questioned an article about suckling pig that appeared on the Kosher board, and his account was disabled???

What the HELL are they thinking over there?

4 Likes

Maybe it was the word “suckling”. :smile:

3 Likes

kevin can use ‘fuckling’ all he wants, but ‘suckling’ is verboten?!

3 Likes