Best Pizza by the Slice?

$8 a slice? thats kinda insane! I liked their slices…ithink it was closer to $6 when I went, maybe a year ago…

Yeah. I think it was $6-$8 a slice. $2 for burrata/honey option.

1 Like

yea, i’m a full proponent of them charging what they want… but then again i’ve been once and i’m half mile away … so it’s very likely their strategy is resulting in lower sales.

1 Like

Has anyone tried Bootleg Pizza? They are selling via a truck, and I was wondering if there was any advance word. Sara’s Market in City Terrace is easy for me to get to, and if I’m eating alone the spinach looks great. If they ever offer a vegan, I’ll get that to share with my lovely dining companion.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCUFK_yDeOv/

There are others. Just click the search button and search “bootleg pizza” . There are a few posts.

1 Like

I thought bootleg as just ok. It was too thick and doughy for my liking. If you’re going for a thick square do appolonias instead.

3 Likes

I agree with @hungryhungryhippos.

I happened to drive by one night and was like Oh, that’s the Bootleg truck. It wasn’t bad but I expected more.

Appolonia All Day

3 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCkCA4yJ4ja/

6 Likes

Have you had the pizza at little coyote? That pie looks great

1 Like

I have not, it looks good so wanted to post and let others know.

1 Like

That’s a neighborhood I don’t get over to often. Perhaps this weekend…

1 Like

Wonder if the name is a little nod to Caioti’s?

Let us rejoice for a moment in the pizza slice, that simple carb, cheese, sauce, and (ideally) pepperoni vehicle for which New Yorkers always seem to get in a tizzy. It’s a remarkable thing, done more than competently by some well-known names in Los Angeles (Superfine, anyone?) but as it stands today the best slice anywhere in the county may indeed come from Little Coyote in Long Beach. Thin yet sturdy, greasy but not soggy, each triangular cut is a dream to behold, and a vision for the future of food in Long Beach, and pizza across Southern California. The word is already out, the merch is selling through the roof, and it seems that anybody who’s anybody is stepping up to snap photos at the already-very-busy 4th Street restaurant. This is LA’s best new pizza, and it’s absolutely worth the drive — unless you live in Long Beach, in which case you’re practically already there. 2118 E. 4th St., Long Beach. —Farley Elliott

2 Likes

Thank God it’s on 4th and not on 2nd/Belmont Shores

1 Like

Hmmm… I’m never in Long Beach. But, if it’s really that good…

1 Like

A new challenger emerges. Little Coyote is straight up New York style slices. I had a pepperoni slice as a snack. The crust is beautifully crisped with a nice crunch and a slight chew. Note, I ate this right away, literally hot AF right out the oven perhaps. The pepperoni has nice flavor, providing the salt blast for each bite. The tomato sauce is not overly acidic which is great, nice balance to each slice. The cheese was not the greatest, not much flavor and super greasy along with the pepperoni pools.

While this is a really good slice, I just love the flavor of Superfines pepperoni slice, it is craveworthy whereas I think Little Coyote is a nice option in the area. For me, flavor is my baseline and while Little Coyote does have great texture, the flavor is above average.

14 Likes

Dang that’s a lot of oil. Looks great. On my list for the weekend

3 Likes

exactly

What’s the word on bootleg pizza? Any good? Saw the truck at vons on pico and fairfax.

It’s pretty good if you like that style of pizza. I think you have to pre-order and do a pickup slot. I wouldn’t say it’s worth that level of preparation, but if it were grab and go, yes, it’s worth a try.

2 Likes