Best restaurant for Birthday in LA

Any thoughts on bucket list restaurants in LA? I wanted to go to French Laundry for my birthday but no reservations available. Some people suggested Manzke or Kato. I’ve been to Providence, Melissa, Spago and loved it all. Has anyone heard of Rosalynn Supper Club?? It’s an invite only thing and I’m considering this as well. We’ve already done FandBar and wolvesmouth as well.

Thanks in advance!!!

hayato

5 Likes

Hayato, Kato and Corridor 109 all sound great for a special occasion.

4 Likes

N/naka winter menu was :fire::fire::fire:

4 Likes

“Bucket list restaurant”? Gosh. I would say Hayato, but not sure if you like Japanese.

Others maybe Addison in San Diego? Haven’t been there personally, but it’s on my bucket list.

Another place I recommend is the Museum of Bhagavad-gita with the Krishna lunch.

1 Like

Hayato, Shunji at the Shunji bar, Morihiro at the bar with Mori. Any one of those will be an excellent experience.

1 Like

love love love love love Kato

and not “that” tough to get a reservation

1 Like

how many people tho? A couple of the recs are eliminated if you need more than 2 seats

Thank you for the recommendations! Hayato seems like a popular choice. It does seem hard to get reservations? I wanted to find a spot for four people this month or next month. I definitely want to try it sometime, but we’ve had a lot of Japanese food recently. I recently came back from Japan! Anyone have any experiences with Manzke? Otium? Or Meteora?? Another restaurant I wanted to try was Vespertine but it’s closed.

Of those three, I would go for Manzke over Otium or Meteora.

Can’t get a res for four people at hayato so that would be out

Meteroa and Otium are not at the same level of the other restaurants brought up.

I’d do Kato or manzke. My personal preference is Kato due to the creativity of the dishes. Manzke is good but sometimes I feel the food is too safe

3 Likes

Thank you!! Is Kato Asian or Japanese food? We just came back from Japan and have done sushi restaurants and went to Bar Sawa in LA and Gucci restaurant in Japan… so maybe something different? Unless Kato is amazing and you suggest that over Manzke!

Chi Spacca is festive for a party of four.

2 Likes

I would characterize Kato as modern Taiwanese with a high level of execution, and it IS amazing.

Manzke is not as amazing,

2 Likes

Also maybe providence that place is pretty damn good.

1 Like

That’s one of my favorites! I was just there for my birthday so I wanted to try something else.

How about Maude?? What are your thoughts
On it… or is Manzke better

Or Camphor?

saffy’s
bavel
mother wolf
bestia
majordomo
felix
osteria mozza
horses
gjelina
angler

8 Likes

girl trying to have a special bday celebration, not dinner on a Thursday with friends :smile:

6 Likes