Best sushi on a budget?

If you want to eat a lot of sushi for decent quality (for an AYCE) I’d recommend Sake2Me on Newport Avenue. $32.99 Mon-Thur Lunch that includes premium items (1 Toro piece, Yellowtail Belly, Salmon Belly, Large Scallop)

1 Like
3 Likes

Sorry to just be reporting! A few offerings might be out-of-season now. But I want to a give a shoutout for the rec @J_L. Osawa is definitely worth reporting on. We didn’t exactly go budget but budget can be done. Prices are very good for the offerings and the sourcing.

Kubota Manju Junmai Daiginjo

Shokado Bento

Now that’s a bento box. #teamshokado. :hearts:

Sushi Deluxe Set (10pcs) - Tai, Toro, Scallop, Ebi, Ikura, Sawara (mackerel), Amberjack, Salmon Belly, Hamachi Belly, Akami

I still get the whities mixed-up sometimes, but I’m much improved at neta identification, Professor.

Shari Shot

Extras…

Kohada :hearts:

Wish I’d seen @PorkyBelly’s post about the battera. It wasn’t on the menu but I certainly would’ve inquired.

Fried Live Sawagani

Oh lord, don’t look at me like that!

J Gold wrote that he liked to order things on a menu he wasn’t familiar with. Well. They’re a little meaty, mostly crunchy, crispy legs from frying, finishing with lemon & salt added a little something. Okay, I ate that.

There’s more to Osawa than nigiri, sashimi & doomed little crabs…

The FOH, server, and itamae were welcoming and full of good humor. Osawa goes on the list of the type of place I’d like to see in my ‘hood. :hearts:

P.S. Thanks for the Sushi Kisen rec @Hungrydrunk. We needed someplace close to Huntington Hospital and Osawa fit the bill. Keeping Kisen is on the list. :slightly_smiling_face:

15 Likes

Kogane lunch.

1 Like