Boiling Seafood Wok Restaurant in Rosemead

We had dinner there last weekend. The core of its dishes are Cantonese in origin. The vast majority of the items in the menu can be found in many Cantonese restaurants. Their claim to fame is that they have a large number of soup pot dishes.

We ordered Shrimp with Lobster sauce, House Special Clams, Fish Chow Mein, Coconunt and Chicken Soup, and something else that I cannot recall.

The Shrimp with Lobster sauce and Fish Chow Mein were decent.

The House Special Clams seems to have been clams with a slightly spicy black beans sauce. Tasty, but not spectacularly so.

The Coconut and Chicken soup was easily the most popular and delicious dish. I’ve never had anything like it before, and I’ve eaten a lot of things in my lifetime. They brought it out in a wok and set it on top of a portable burner. It’s not something you would normally see in a Cantonese restaurant. It’s one of those POTW (Paper on the Wall) menu items.

There were a whole bunch of those POTW items, but alas, my Chinese wasn’t good enough to read all of them.

I suppose a better review would have included more soup pot dishes, but we could barely finish the Coconut and Chicken soup.

It’s located in a mini-mall. Parking is limited in front, but there is parking in back.

Boiling Seafood Wok Restaurant
7940 Garvey Ave
Rosemead, CA 91770

3 Likes

Was it prepared and served like this?

No, it was served in a wok on a portable burner. I wasn’t referring to the presentation; I was referring to the dish ingredients. I’ve never seen that combination before.

As for cooking in a coconut, I’ve actually done that a few times at home with for a curry. You can get some very smooth coconut flavor when cooking inside a young coconut.