Burbank recs

Ive got a foodie friend visiting in mid-October and am looking for solid recs for Italian, Chines or any other really exceptional restaurants…any thoughts? it’s not an area I’m very familiar with…I guess Studio City would be ok too or there about!

Lotus & Light in the Media district has solid Vietnamese offerings. That pork chop is my favorite…many thanks to @Ns1 for recommending it.
I also enjoy Lou’s the French on the Block, but due to these times, he’s only open Friday - Sunday from 8AM - 2PM (I think). It helps to order online. Magnificent croissants, pastries, and pan bagnat…my favorite is the tuna.

2 Likes

thanks attran99, it’ll be dinner so L&L are in the mix…they have outdoor dining?

1 Like

That I’m not sure. Sorry, I’ve not been in the area since we were all kicked out of our offices.

2 Likes

I have a to-do list and on that list is Mini Kabob in Glendale. I been drooling over the pictures for over a year.

4 Likes

Fully endorse Mini Kabob—the chicken thigh/beef lule combo is my favorite in LA. And I think they’re still donating money for Armenia relief this week.

6 Likes

I don’t think there is any seating for mini kabob nor outdoor for Lotus & Light

1 Like

thanks JeetKuneBao and rlw but kabob won’t do! still looking

1 Like

I suspect the restaurant you are looking for is Santuari on Forest Lawn.

For more regular eats, the intersection of Pass and Riverside is a safe bet (there’s a Taco 1986 branch wedged in here too)

3 Likes

Gus’ Fried Chicken is in the area. Not sure of dining arrangements, however.

1 Like

many thanks, Gr8pimpin! thats what I needed to know

1 Like

I’ll wait for your in depth review of Forest Lawn, thanks

There’s always salsa & beer.

2 Likes

Looks like they have a nice outdoor setup. How’s the food?

Is there anything worthy on San Fernando road where they blocked off the road to cars?

1 Like

Gr8pimpin & Ns1, I thought that was a joke…Santuari…like telling me to go to the cemetery…oh well

1 Like

LOL. Well they’re both on forest lawn so I suppose the mistake is understandable.

2 Likes

looks I may have leave the Burbank area…I figured with all the tv/film biz, there’d be plenty of good eats…

1 Like

There’s plenty of good corporate eats. Not a lot of exceptional eats especially in the mid-upper tier.

1 Like

Alimento’s not far and has patio dining.

1 Like

thanks Robert, I love Alimento…thats a definite maybe