Cheesy, Savory, Delicious! Meat Lovers, Vegetarian and Vegan! A Pizza Journey - Superfine, Il Romanista, DeSano, Pizza Wagon of Brooklyn, Pizzeria Mozza, South End, L’Antica Pizzeria da Michele, Prime, Lupetti, Triple Beam and More! [Thoughts + Pics]

I’m totally with you. Lived in OC for 12 years now and still haven’t eaten at Sgt Pepperoni’s.

It looks like a better version of Costco style pizza. Nice grease chalices. Will try them when I’m in the area.

1 Like

Uh, hello, what are those deliciously cheesy critters? Never heard of these.

1 Like

It’s a circle of pizza dough with a center full of cheese. You can get it with pepperoni, meatball or spinach+broccoli. I would like it a lot more if there was a layer of dough in the center.

Was expecting something more like this:

2 Likes

Ok that looks delicious!

Thank you for the explanation.

1 Like

I would try Hail Mary but I have to admit, every time I find myself on Glendale Blvd, I get lost…dont bother reminding me to just use my phone, haha!

1 Like

10 posts were split to a new topic: Dave Portnoy’s pizza reviews

Ah, ha…so you noticed a thicker crust at Pizza Wagon lately? I guess we need to mention “keep it thin” when ordering!

1 Like

@lapizzamaven Here comes a clam pie for you to try.

2 Likes

La Morras clam pie was pretty damn good.

10 Likes

Is it still available or was last week the last?

1 Like

This was from last week or so, whatever weekend they advertised on instagram. I hope they offer them again soon!

1 Like

Hey Gr8pimpin, these fotos didn’t load! you’ve got me very interested!

1 Like

Hey, Mr. Maven!!

The photo is of the menu at U Street Pizza… I put it there so you could see they have a clam pizza. I know you were looking for one.

The description of theirs is “ Little neck clams, mozzarella, fori di latte, parsley, fresh garlic, lemon, fiscalini cheddar.”

Here’s a link to their website’s menu:

https://www.ustreetpizza.com/menu/menu

1 Like

I was randomly googling “Prime Pizza,” and the sidebar of the search results said that the West LA location is opening 05/11. Official website says nothing about an official opening date. YMMV.

4 Likes

Ah, thanks Gr8pimpin…will check it out! def would like to try a good clam pie!

1 Like

Im waiting…thats in my 'hood!

Confirmed Tuesday on their IG

1 Like

Pizza Wagon tonight. Another excellent pie!

1/2 cheese 1/2 pepperoni

Ahhhhh…. The chalices….

Underside…

Cornicione was nicely risen the rest was nice and thin.

Cross posting:
https://www.foodtalkcentral.com/t/may-2021-rundown/12743/37?u=gr8pimpin

4 Likes

The return of Luigi from Il Romanista

10 Likes

nice, lots of bang bang opportunities

1 Like