Chi SPACCA

Whoa, three of my three favorite things. Paging @TheCookie, @Bookwich, @Chowseeker1999, @A5KOBE, @attran99, @Hungrydrunk, @moonboy403
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxs-4bFl1Lx/

8 Likes

I :heart: Chicken Pot Pie! And @Bookwich can have her ramps and morels too. But, what are your other two favorite things?

1 Like

pie and carrots, what else?

2 Likes

:scream::heart_eyes::scream: that looks so good!

1 Like

I only want it if it’s infused with THC. Otherwise, it’s false advertising.

Mama got a Raise and Papa got a Pepper Steak.

Lambrusco

It was… not bad.

Pepper Steak - Ribeye Cap, Bacon, Green Garlic

This is one delicious piece of beef - naturally beefy, tender, good chew w/marbled ribeye richness, bacon adding to the wood smokiness, not overpowering, not too salty or too greasy, combined w/the green garlic, all cooked over the grill and topped w/a generous amount of cracked black pepper, so flavorful. I personally liked it way more than their dry-aged bone-in Bistecca Costata (ny steak).

Chicken Pot Pie @PorkyBelly!

I am sorry to say that it was prettier than it tasted. It has a good crust, tender dark & white meat, very good flavors. I didn’t even get angry about the hint of tarragon. “It’s traditional.” My complaint is “Nancy insisted on not only top crust but bottom crust too. She likes a squidgy bottom”. I’ll give her a squidgy bottom. Just kiddin’. It was actually really good like the dumplings in chicken & dumplings. But it also absorbed all the nice, silky chicken gravy that I love in pot pie. Instead of chicken and vegetables bathed in sauce everything was kinda’ starchy & thick. Oh and it had at least one whole garlic clove that wasn’t completely soft enough to smash and mix. The carrots were delicious.

We did exactly what I predicted - stopped by on the way home from work without a resy before the dinner rush and had a delightful no-stress meal. Celebrity sighting - Joe Rogan of UFC fame. I tried to be sly and take a faux selfie to get a snap of him to impress my boys. But I never take selfies and it resulted in three photos of my chin.

Happy Eating!

15 Likes

Should’ve said, “Oh yea? But Nancy ain’t paying for my meal so do it how I want it!”

1 Like

Yeah!

I’m so saddened by that pie. It looks like my dream pie.
I can’t even with pot pies that lack a bottom crust. Like, what are we even calling this a pie for, people, if there isn’t a bottom? Maybe because chicken cobbler sounds gross, I guess.
But if the pie was starchy and dry then that’s sadness pie. It’s also for sure an execution error. My pies are always full of rich sauce and I always use a bottom crust. The bottom crust can’t absorb that much moisture. #givebottomcrustsasecondchance

3 Likes

Chicken Cobbler. :grin:

Yep, you’re right. A good pie (top & bottom crust) does indeed hold liquid filling without it getting thick & clumpy. But now I know why a lot of chicken pot pies only have the top. Maybe the flour in the gravy makes it hard to stay liquid with a bottom crust. I’m not a baker though and can only guess.

1 Like

Shit, i felt the same way about the chicken pot pie but was too lazy to write it up. And what’s even worse is i paid $50 for it instead of the current price of $37. #teambeefandbonemarrowpie

@TheCookie, next give the delicious polla alla diavola su crostone a try.

Other things I got that night:
cetera anchovy & butter
Surprisingly balanced. Underrated highlight.

spacca culatello, burrata
Delicious

little gem, sieved egg, bacon vinaigrette, herbed breadcrumbs
Pretty good but a bit heavy on the bacon and dressing. I prefer the caesar.

chicken pot pie
A bit starchy and the white meat pieces were a little dry. The carrots were delicious, but I wish there were more veggies inside the pie itself.

2 Likes

In what world does a chicken pot pie cost $50?? Are there truffles inside? It doesn’t even look that big.

Definitely #teambeefandbonemarrowpie! Your chicken pot pie actually looks better than mine - golden crust and a little more sauce. But trust me, I believe what you say. And yes, why not the carrots in the pie?

Normally, I’d say no to most roasted or grilled chicken in restaurants. Boring. But if they can do what they did to that Tomahawk then I want to try the chicken! :slight_smile:

1 Like

If that’s the case that’s angler uni toast levels of graft!!!

Same world where a milk shake is $9… @MilkBar

is that place any good?

For some reason, a $9 milk shake is a lot less offensive than a $50 chicken pot pie that’s fairly average sized.

1 Like

Her salty cereal milk ice cream is insanity for me

1 Like

That place is god’s greatest gift to the diabetic/healthcare industry.

1 Like

So overly sweet and saturated with sugar? I’ll probably pass then, I generally enjoy my desserts less sweet.

1 Like