Chocolate Chip Cookie Death Match

Whatttt !!! Grumble grumble, enjoy the cookie is the best thing at Bristol farms

1 Like

The in-house (not from a central commissary) guac at the Santa Monica branch is really good. Not as decadent as The Cookie, granted, but maybe way healthier? :wink:

2 Likes

Still the best CCC in LA

5 Likes

Looks like someone made a trip to Westwood.

3 Likes

The rain keeps the lines shorter but there were still lots of ice cream sandwiches being made

1 Like

Perhaps more than you wanted to know about what makes chocolate chip cookies good:

1 Like

Is there at least a Levain storefront being built on Larchmont?

Partner and I walked in that area recently and don’t recall seeing one.

Yepp, they announced it on their Instagram a while back, but there’s no opening date yet.

It’s open:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CtwjMO6tZ1p/

3 Likes

Wowwww can’t wait I’m sure lines will be insane for awhile

1 Like

I mean the store is open till 10pm, so you can probably go 7-8pm and not wait too long

2 Likes

Waayyy to sweet for our tastes and even our kids can’t handle more than a bite or two from the ones in NYC. Luckily we know one of the bakers there and she gifted us some today. Same result, few bites and done even for the kids.

1 Like

Lol I wished you lived close you could re gift them to me!

2 Likes

Actually, was trying to do the exactly that! Will regift tomorrow

1 Like

25 min wait at Levain at ~4PM today. We thought the line was long when we queued up. the overall length doubled a few mins later (back to the Wells Fargo sign).

An employee came out to ask people in line if they had any questions. We asked what her fav items were. She likes the dark choc peanut butter, the coconut caramel (chip), and the cakes (like the lemon cake). Sticky buns only sold on the weekend.

The portions here are not small. Like The Cookie at Bristol Farms, a single cookie can easily feed several people. Choc chip walnut was (unsurprisingly) very underbaked. I actually agreed w/ the employees favs and thought that the coconut caramel, while even sweeter than the regular choc chip walnut, had more complexity and textural contrast (and thus was a better cookie). Dark choc peanut butter is also very good (but a bit too decadent for me).

Lemon cake is very lemon-y and was very pleasing. Coffee cake was… fine. Center filling is incredibly sweet. The portion size for the cakes is seriously like 1.5" thick (and thus, again, can easily serve more than one).

Paderia’s choc chip is not too far off, when you get a good batch. I do think Levain is better, though, while being (somewhat) less greasy than The Cookie. Service is very smooth and polished. The line moves fast. Worth a visit. A 25 min wait seemed fine. I wouldn’t necessarily wait longer than that.

5 Likes

And? I heard the lines are moving pretty quickly. We’ve had some cookies warm kinda right outta the oven in NYC a few times and they were delicious.

2 Likes

Text is up. I upload pics from the phone and then edit further on the laptop to add words. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Waits are as long as an hour or longer on Sundays with the Larchmont Farmer’s Market.

My cousin went an hour before close and the wait was about 20 minutes on Friday.

3 Likes

There is another new place with Levain-esque cookies on South Beverly Drive in Beverly Hills called… Beverly Hills Cookies. At $6 a cookie they are not cheap but they are VERY big so the value for the money is actually fair. They do have more varied flavors than Levain (but for chocolate chip cookies they have one with walnuts and one without).

4 Likes