Dish of the Month (DoTM) – MAY 2016 – KOREAN

Don’t knock it till you try it. One of my fave comfort foods is mom’s stewed pig’s foot in soy sauce with five spice in it. The sauce is so fragrant and thick with gelatin. The meat and fat luscious and unctuous. A bowl of white rice to go with that dish and a wet towel next to me because I’m a slob and I’m a happy, happy man.

Some might say offal…

4 Likes

Touché!

1 Like

Okay I’ve met my offal puns quota for the week

1 Like

That actually seems kinda’ delicious.

Dang. That does sound great. I’ve never tried it, but I would definitely be up for it. Appreciate the response!

My post was more of a lame attempt at a joke about this post in the DoTM June Nominations thread.

1 Like

Works for me, too. Although I’m not a designer; I’m just intrapsychically austere and barren. :wink:

4 Likes

Pretty cool article about Jenee Kim, owner of Parks BBQ.

Oh, hahaha! Umm, I think I purposely made myself stay away from responding to that comment. hahaha!

hit up yellow fever in MDR today for the first time.
underwhelmed is the word that comes to mind.

Please Tell me more?

it wasn’t rotten
it wasn’t good
it wasn’t worth a second visit
it wasn’t worth a second thought
i will say that it had plenty of parking, though.

2 Likes

Thanks for info and good to know about the parking…

We are… The Californians. :slight_smile:
http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/the-californians/n13474

1 Like

@TheCookie, do you remember how much the combinations @ Parks were? Unfortunately your pic cuts off the price :frowning:

Nice! AYCE starting this weekend!
$19 or $25 options…

3 Likes

Hi @Ns1 - Sorry. Just got your message. Yeah. I noticed I didn’t include the price. Let me see if I can find my receipt. Unless you have already found out. I’ll get back to you.

nope, trying to figure it out now - the question is basically for 2 people would Oo-Kook or Park’s make more sense. w/o combos Oo-Kook would be the winner for sure, but depending on the combo pricing Park’s might work out.

Okay. The P1 is $95 + tax & tip and serves 2-3 people. It is not inexpensive for sure. People also rave about the lunch specials. They have a $7.99 and $10.99 per person.

That’s not awful considering Oo-Kook is now $28pp, so if it really serves 3 people then the pricing is on par with Oo-Kook.

thanks for the answer!