Dry aged rib-eye in the East Bay (or the rest of the Bay)?

Is there any place in the east bay which has a decent dry aged rib-eye? Doesn’t need to be a full-on steakhouse or anything (though anything else seems unlikely).

Edit: if there’s an answer for the same question re: SF, or, heck, even the south bay, I’d be interested in those too.

would you feel comfortable cooking it yourself? edward’s aged meats is based in the east bay Online Shop — Edward's Dry Aged Meats

1 Like

In SF there is Alexander’s Steakhouse with dry-aged steaks (they are also in the South Bay)
And for a more Japanese-American take there is Niku

1 Like

lol alexander’s steakhouse is stupiiiiid expensive but hey they have a market for it

I don’t have a grill right now and might want to practice cooking steaks with a pan, but it looks pretty straightforward. Do you know if they have a physical storefront? (I suppose I can always DM him on Instagram or something, too.)

Yikes; it’s been a few years since I’ve been to the one in Pasadena, but it sure has gotten pricey. At that markup I might prefer to do it myself.

been a while since I’ve looked, but I think they do have local pickup!

I’ve had really good dry-aged steaks at Bobo’s on Lombard in SF.

I’m not impressed with their sides though, if that’s important to you.

1 Like

Baron’s Meat in the Alameda Marketplace.

Epic Steak in SF.

Alexander’s menu is not my idea of what a steakhouse should offer. QR Restaurant Menu

Their current menu doesn’t have any (or, at least, none of their steaks are described that way) - do you know if they’re a “sometimes” sort of thing, or if they just don’t advertise the fact that their meat is dry-aged even when they do have it?

Sorry, my mistake – currently only their bone-in New York seems to be dry-aged. I know that they used to have numerous dry-aged cuts, but now that I think about it, that was several years ago.

1 Like

Cream Co. Meats has pick-up at their Oakland facility: https://creamcomeats.com/

1 Like

I buy most of my meat from Cream but I wish they had Midwestern corn-finished beef.

1 Like