East Bay Indian

I have been looking for a while for an Indian restaurant in the East Bay. Several places closed during the pandemic. Today we went to Royal Indian in San Pablo. The dish we always order to judge an indian restaurant is Saag Paneer. Theirs was delicious, as good if not better as any I have ever had. I commented that it did not seem as creamy as most and my wife said that she thought they use ghee. We both had Thali plates, hers vegetarian and mine not. You get to choose 2 things from the menu plus riata, nan rice and rice pudding. I choose Chicken Vindaloo and Karahi Lamb, She chose the Saag Paneer and Chana Masala. And then we ate off of each others plates Everything was excellent. We got there on a Tuesday at about 1:30. There were no other customers there which was a little weird. That made us nervous. But the food was perfect and the portion size was good. Before we ordere we talked about ordering one more thing but didn’t. We were definately full… nap time full. We will go again with a doubt.
Royal Indian
13112 San Pablo Ave (next to Smart & Final)
San Pablo Ca.
510 250-7778
Open till 9pm

3 Likes