Fancy Crusty Bread Home Delivery?

So poilane does not do home delivery in LA :face_with_raised_eyebrow:. Any other suggestions? Must deliver to the nether regions of the county

Maybe Tartine. Tartine

This article has some places in less central places: LA Bakeries To Order From After You Screw Up Your Sourdough - Los Angeles - The Infatuation

I thought Poilâne delivered anywhere in the US. I got some once, it was good but with similar if not better bread available locally I wouldn’t do it again.

Does postmates, or other types of delivery services pick up from Epicurus? You could order their frozen baguettes.

2 Likes

Tartine home delivery only available next week. Might have to venture out of the house

what about red bread?

What is red bread?

Never mind found it, closed til January 7, that cake at the bottom looks great.

btw how perishable is butter?

Whole Foods (at least the one on 3rd/Farifax) has a few Tartine offerings … home delivery via Amazon.

1 Like

I just checked and Poilaine’s site indicates it will ship to LA. Cost for a loaf of sour dough bread is about $50.00 including shipping (loaf is about $11.00). Was great in France but never had one shipped here.

surprisingly nonperishable.
my wife leaves butter out all the time
I was taught that it goes bad quickly when out of fridge
She taught me better

https://www.thekitchn.com/4-mistakes-to-avoid-when-leaving-butter-at-room-temperature-228689

5 Likes

Last time I checked with Hillary they weren’t set up for delivery.

Hmmm interesting I see it now, was not available for LA a couple days ago. Just tried to place an order, earliest delivery date is Jan 5 :roll_eyes:

Reason behind my bread quest. After a four year pursuit, finally scored an order :partying_face:

So ended up ordering poilane for delivery next Tuesday. SO wants to try their wheat flour for the breadmaker. Adding a kilo bag of flour along with a few other items does not increase the shipping cost.

Thanks all for your input!

5 Likes

That butter’s $60 a pound?

It’s the ziploc bag… :pensive:

2 Likes

You might peruse my long dead bread thread. Doesn’t use a breadmaker, but pretty easy to do.
https://www.foodtalkcentral.com/t/the-bread-thread/11615

1 Like

What would you be willing to pay for a Boulart demi baguette delivered to your house? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Have you tried no knead bread?