Favorite Restaurants San Fernando Valley (SFV)?

Mizlala in Sherman Oaks used to be awesome before the menu change. Now it just doesn’t seem interesting at all. Here’s what it used to look like:

6 Likes

My god I was almost in tears when I first saw that they had changed one of the best restaurants around into a perfectly fine takeout spot. Ugh. That’s not to say it isn’t still pretty good, but there is just no comparison to what it was before.

2 Likes

I need to go to Porter Ranch. Anyplace good nearby? Any kind of food. I’m coming up empty.

Hong Kong Banjum By Paik’s Noodle is solid and close by.

Kings burgers & Sushi also close by.

Silverlake Ramen in the Vineyards along with Finny’s for pub style food and good beer.

1 Like

furnsaj

8 Likes

Northridge has Szechuan Place

(JThur01 Uncovers Real Sichuan Food in SFV)

Also, Myung In Dumplings (Korean)

A lot of my Armenian friends go to
Ali Baba Persian restaurant in Granada Hills.

http://www.alibabapersianrestaurant.com/

3 Likes

There is always Brent’s in Northridge. The food court at the Galleria has some good choices; KFC and seafood noodles are my usual orders there.

4 Likes

OMG, how did I forget Brent’s?

Also forgot take home goodies from Porto’s.

2 Likes

These are great recs. Good update for the thread. Of course, we can only pick one and the majority seem to like Furnsaj. What do y’all order there? Thanks!

My least favorite thing has to be the beef shawarma lol. The lamb shawarma is the play here.

Also I like the Falafel pie. It’s a bit sloppy, but Yum.

2 Likes

If you are there really early, in the morning, you can go visit my bacon bar lol

6 Likes

Damn yours has pretty quality bacon. The Torrance wf is a mixed bag sometimes good and sometimes less so

1 Like

I :hearts: Food Talkers.

Stone Oven-baked Saj

Big, thin, soft & delicious. We had leftover saj but I was tempted to order more to-go!

Chicken Tawouk Plate - Grilled White Meat Chicken, Anaheim Peppers, Tomatoes, Bed of Rice. Sides of Hummus & Salad

I like to order the plate & make my own wraps, plus I like rice. Perfectly grilled & tender white meat chicken w/dark smokey char, juicy tomatoes, little kick from anaheim peppers, really smooth, creamy hummus w/a good amount of acid just how I like. So good. :hearts:

Lamb Gyro Plate

Hubs is a beef guy but went with lamb @Gr8pimpin and did not regret it. Tender, flavorful, maybe a bit too salty. So much food. It was lunch & dinner. :blush:

Even the tahini had a little extra somethin’ somethin’. It was nutty from the sesame but I tasted a little garlic sauce blended in… I think. Yum.

Thanks!

15 Likes

Wow! That is a HUGE portion on the gyro plate!

2 Likes

Wifey didn’t have to make dinner!!

1 Like

looks a lot nicer than the usual thin slices of gyro meat you get most places too!

2 Likes

I need to return to PR next week. Maybe I’ll get a chance to partake in the infamous WF Bacon Bar! :blush:

1 Like

They are thick.

Does anyone know anything about this place in the same complex as Furn Saj? The signage has various names & words but I got nothing plugging them into a search. :thinking:

It’s a Filipino restaurant, Phil House, the bottom translates to “tasty home cooked meal”. Haven’t heard of the place nor have I eaten there, just translating what it says.

1 Like