Favorite Restaurants San Fernando Valley (SFV)?

If you are there really early, in the morning, you can go visit my bacon bar lol

6 Likes

Damn yours has pretty quality bacon. The Torrance wf is a mixed bag sometimes good and sometimes less so

1 Like

I :hearts: Food Talkers.

Stone Oven-baked Saj

Big, thin, soft & delicious. We had leftover saj but I was tempted to order more to-go!

Chicken Tawouk Plate - Grilled White Meat Chicken, Anaheim Peppers, Tomatoes, Bed of Rice. Sides of Hummus & Salad

I like to order the plate & make my own wraps, plus I like rice. Perfectly grilled & tender white meat chicken w/dark smokey char, juicy tomatoes, little kick from anaheim peppers, really smooth, creamy hummus w/a good amount of acid just how I like. So good. :hearts:

Lamb Gyro Plate

Hubs is a beef guy but went with lamb @Gr8pimpin and did not regret it. Tender, flavorful, maybe a bit too salty. So much food. It was lunch & dinner. :blush:

Even the tahini had a little extra somethin’ somethin’. It was nutty from the sesame but I tasted a little garlic sauce blended in… I think. Yum.

Thanks!

15 Likes

Wow! That is a HUGE portion on the gyro plate!

2 Likes

Wifey didn’t have to make dinner!!

1 Like

looks a lot nicer than the usual thin slices of gyro meat you get most places too!

2 Likes

I need to return to PR next week. Maybe I’ll get a chance to partake in the infamous WF Bacon Bar! :blush:

1 Like

They are thick.

Does anyone know anything about this place in the same complex as Furn Saj? The signage has various names & words but I got nothing plugging them into a search. :thinking:

It’s a Filipino restaurant, Phil House, the bottom translates to “tasty home cooked meal”. Haven’t heard of the place nor have I eaten there, just translating what it says.

1 Like

Phil House! I see that now. I didn’t realize the pot = o. I searched variations of Phil H Use. I even tried what looks like Crab Mentalist? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Turns out it’s a chain with terrible Yelp ratings lol. Thanks!

3 Likes

I might have to take that trip on the 405 to Furn Saj.

I don’t know shit about the SFV other than Bill’s, Brent’s, Shin, Pizza Wagon, and Wat Thai.

I probably know NYC and Philly more than SFV lol

We got a lot of Mediterranean food in the South Bay and Anaheim Little Arabia is like 30 minutes away but I am thinking I need to make a visit

3 Likes

Not sure if it’s closer but there is also a Furn Saj location in Glendora. Same menu it seems.

4 Likes

It will always be a little strange to those of us who grew up there that the valley is kinda poppin now

3 Likes

Add in, Chiang Mai, Peru’s Taste, Gorilla Pies, Baja Subs.

3 Likes

Looks like the same oven as Pizzeria Mozza.

1 Like

I had the same revelatory experience @Fern Saj when I “discovered” it a few years ago - hardly my discovery - it was thanks to someone from FTC. Try the pizzalike lamb breads too, @TheCookie

The only disappointment I have had is their lulu is (strangely) dry AF.

Italian Grocery in the same complex is pretty excellent too

2 Likes

Yes! Had to give a shoutout to FTC. I never would’ve found it on my own - so many little spots in mini-malls, it’s hard to know which are good.

I saw the Italian market. Will check it out!

1 Like

Yup, I get incredibly sad every time I think about how they neutered Mizlala.

1 Like

Furn Saj is a gem. All anyone talked about here (or CH) was beef kebabs and beef dishes, so I didn’t expect it to be that different from many Lebanese/Armenian places, and didn’t bother, but…wow, when I finally checked, what a deep menu. The flatbread pizzas and falafel pie are notables. Credit to someone here who suggested the falafel pie.

9 Likes