Filet o Hashbrown

They used to be good years ago . Now it’s like slamming down greasy bubble gum to fill you up . That leangering greasy taste in your mouth just makes you realize . Wtf am I doing. Fricking horrible.

2 Likes

Don’t sleep on frozen hash browns. We got a pack of Trader Joe’s frozen hash browns (each patty a dead ringer for a Mickey D’s hash brown), hit them with an air fryer at 400 degrees for nine minutes, and they hit the spot.

7 Likes

Same, but I do 10 minutes. So good!

Many locations have the $2 Filet O Fish special offered every day.

You can use the app to scout locations, just look at their regular menu it’ll reflect the discounted price.

1 Like

I did not know this existed. Thank you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So I decided I didn’t have nearly enough calories today by only eating at Burgers Never Say Die. After all it was $2 Filet* O Fish Friday and FREE Medium fry Friday at McDonald’s

So, since McDs doesn’t do all day breakfast had to get the hash brown from Jack In The Box. Surprised at how large it is. A big square potato slab.

Pro tip. They are $1.99 each. But they are free with a purchase. So if you get 2 tacos for 99¢ in the app, it adds a delicious potato side dish.

So, I give you…

The Gr8pimpin Filet O Jack Brown Extra Value Meal. Filet O Jack Brown, 2 Tacos, medium fries and a drink (not pictured)

Sandwich is awesome. The Jack Brown was really good. Forgot how tasty this combo is.

$2.00 Filet o Fish
$1.00 2 tacos
$1.00 drink
Free hash brown
Free medium fries
Free cardiology consult (ok not free)

*my stupid phone wants to keep changing Filet O Fish to Philleo fish

Cross posting to February 2021 Rundown

15 Likes

Turn off autocorrect. Life is so much better without it.
Nice pics!

1 Like

Forget the autocorrect… lol, more interested in how Philleo fish is more correct :slight_smile:

4 Likes

OMG. When you wrote Pro Tip… I admit… I rolled my eyes… but then as I kept reading . Good lord man. If you heard a standing ovation of one coming from the direction of West Adams… that was I.

10 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

Did it ever cross your mind to put a taco inside the FoF?

Wait - what about a hash brown inside the taco, in the style of papas con chorizo

6 Likes

Last week I thought about the fish in the taco. Your method may be easier and you get the crunch factor you’re looking for on the FoF.

Maybe I’ll test this next. Do I need to put ranch on the taco first?

1 Like

Dip it like a true connoisseur

4 Likes

I hate to admit, not included in this post was that I also got one FoF with an extra slice of cheese on it… just to see. The first bite was “Hmm this is pretty good.” By the fourth bite I was so overwhelmed with the taste of fat…

6 Likes

You must’ve been really hating yourself that day lol

5 Likes

Did they give the whole slice or was just the second half… :rofl:

5 Likes

“overwhelmed by the taste of fat.” That is exactly why I vastly prefer In-N-Out’s double hamburger to the double double - all that fat overwhelms and drowns out the taste of the meat and the flavors of the condiments.

4 Likes

2x cheeseburger, grilled & raw onion
Lemonade

2 Likes

You guys are out of control. How about we do that, dip it lard and then roll it in panko and deep fry it? Oh wait - that should be in the Home Cooking category…

3 Likes

That’s why a 3x2 is the superior burger.

2 Likes