Filet o Hashbrown

Great idea!

1 Like

I sometimes order a double-single for that reason.

1 Like

And now you seem to get us. :wink:

After reading the thread, I was like, “Can I just ask 2 hash browns inside of 2 buns w/ tartar sauce?” The fish kind of ruins it, IMHO…

2 Likes

I’ve posted about this before: IMO the only way to get a good Filet O Fish is to special-order it. Otherwise you get one that’s been congealing in their drawers for too long. The turnover may be somewhat better during Lent, but it’s still risky.

3 Likes

Lol, I want to like the FoF more but that soft bun ruins it for me -kinda want iceberg on there too

2 Likes

Here, http://www.beneboy.com/mcmenu.pdf. As I know you are an accomplished cook you can now do it yourself!

1 Like

That’s actually a good point. I think the hashbrown helps a little b/c it adds some crunch. But, yes, crisp iceberg would def help a lot more. I bet someone here is gonna hack that.

No, that’s my partner. I’m just an accomplished eater and can sometimes turn out a good loaf of bread. :smiley:

1 Like

On FoF Fridays during lent, always super fresh. I don’t think I’ve had a bad one in years.

Damn. Gotta admit. They were tasty.

Was denied a $2 FoF when I got to my regular McDonalds at 11:58PM…
Had to go with my regular order of McDouble add Mac Sauce and McChicken add tartar sauce (nanban style) with the 2 for $3.50 deal.

Anybody have intel on locations with $2 FoF all week?
Downloaded the app to scout, but came up empty with locations along my commute.

1 Like

I’ll start a running list:

The ones I know of are mostly in the SFV

$2 Filet O Fish Every Day

(during Lent)

Chatsworth
9185 N DeSoto Ave

Northridge
9101 Reseda Blvd (at Nordhoff)

Van Nuys/Panorama City
7161 Sepulveda Blvd (at Sherman Way)
7045 Van Nuys Blvd
7945 Van Nuys Blvd
9107 Van Nuys Blvd
13700 Sherman Way
12616 Sherman Way

North Hills/Mission Hills
8656 Sepulveda Blvd
9860 Sepulveda Blvd

If you have the app, go to order. Whatever location they give you as the default, that’s fine. Go to the menu add one fillet of fish to the cart. Go to cart. At the top you can change location. Change the location and see if it changes the price of the FoF in your cart. Check the McDs in your area.

6 Likes

Awesome list!

I’m towards Pasadena, will post if I find anything my way.

It’s surprising how the price changes depending on location. I figured it was all uniform. I suppose this is an added advantage of having the video menus…
The two locations on La Brea seem to have the highest FoF price at $5.09 and $5.29.

1 Like

Yeah I’m constantly amazed at the price differences. Even among the locations that are within a half mile of each other.

The McDonald’s in La Cañada has $2.00 FoF Fridays.

1 Like

Of course.

But I’m more interested in per item pricing as opposed to cross the board.

For example, there’s a McDonalds nearby where McNuggets (10pc or more) and Big Mac is probably 30% cheaper than another location 1 mile away.

But their fries are a whopping 50% more expensive. Yeah, it’s up to each operator but wow. Guess they know their customers.

Edit: like this location in Tarzana. They’re cheaper on fries and stuff. But they’re $1.10 more expensive on the chicken sandwich than most locations.

1 Like

mcd’s offers their franchisees the most leeway in price setting. if a location can improve its margin by raising prices on certain items and they still sell, why not? mcd’s has been pretty astute in their marketing.

1 Like

When did it get like this :scream:

Fries must be popular where you’re at. It’s $2.79 by me.

All the more reason to hash brown instead of fries.

No all day hash browns. Why does McDonalds hate the consumer.

1 Like