Filet o Hashbrown

The best hash brown out there that isn’t McDonalds.

1 Like

Extra fish extra cheese. Fantastic.

13 Likes

Mmmmm I would also add extra tartar

1 Like

btw officially called double filet o fish, xtra cheese on the ticket. perfect ratio of fish to bun and extra cheese is not extra but just right

2 Likes

No hashbrown (or cheese) in my equation, but here’s what I do at Burger King – it does require a bit of modification: I order 2 Big Fish (2 for $6), ask for them cooked fresh, with nothing on the bun – as in no lettuce, no tomato, no pickle. However, I do ask for onion, just because most everything is better with alliums. Tartar sauce on the side only (they give it to you in a drink cup – don’t forget to ask for a knife to spread). Take the fish (and onion) from one sandwich and put it on the other, and throw away the extra bread. Distribute tartar sauce (and ketchup if desired) in appropriate amounts, then eat. (The reason for getting the tartar sauce on the side is to get the amount you want. If you don’t, you usually get just a dab, and if you ask for extra, you get a mess.) It’s a different flavor profile from the FoF, but I do find it tasty.

8 Likes

I told you Jack in the Box is the place to get your hashbrowns for this Filet ‘O Hashbrown season

Jack has a 2/ $2 hashbrown deal right now in the app. Good all day.

Hey, you can remove the McDonald’s buns and replace with Jack in the Box pancakes. Pancake ‘O Fish. Or Pancake Filet ‘O Hashbrown.

2 Likes

$2.50 Filet O Fish every day at McDonalds on Reseda / Nordhoff.

$4.49 Double FoF.

7 Likes

Lol thanks for this. McD has a 2/$5 deal but using it means you can’t use other coupons.

So I can just buy 2 of the everyday FoF’s for $2.50 and then the deal for $1 fries.

1 Like

$2.50 Filet O Fish Every Day

Chatsworth
9185 N DeSoto Ave

Northridge
9101 Reseda Blvd (at Nordhoff)

Van Nuys/Panorama City
7161 Sepulveda Blvd (at Sherman Way)
7045 Van Nuys Blvd
7945 Van Nuys Blvd
9107 Van Nuys Blvd
13700 Sherman Way

North Hollywood
12616 Sherman Way

North Hills/Mission Hills
8656 Sepulveda Blvd
9860 Sepulveda Blvd

Pomona
2200 N Garey Ave (2/$4)
445 E Holt Ave (2/$4)

(As I find more I will update this post — so far all locations are in the SFV)

7 Likes

Stack this with BOGO coupon from app. 2 FoF’s and a drink for $3.50. I feel dumb paying $4.50 for a double FoF now.

2 Likes

I totally forgot about the BOGO. I was too busy focused on the two FoFs for $5 in the app. Good catch.

2 Likes

So, it appears that unless the McD location has FoF special everyday, that the BOGO coupon uses the regular daily price.

Even on FoF Friday.

I aborted. Had to go to one of the locations on my list above for the 2/$2.79 deal. But it was worth it !

1 Like

My McD might charge $5 for fries but they got $2.5 FoF’s everyday.

2 Likes

Oh you have a real Bogo offer. Mine is buy one get a second for 29¢

If you stick with the $2.50 FoF today you can use the coupon for a free medium fry (for Friday). Who knows at this point, fries may be $10 in a few weeks.

Check your apps , 2 x 4 steals are available on a Monday.

6 Likes

Was that a location specific price? Couldn’t be a deal since I noticed you were redeeming points for fries*

Awesome! I want in!

* for you novices (lol) you can’t use 2 “deals” in the same order, like a coupon and points redemption

4 Likes

Had to check a few MDs on the way home from work, search fillet o fish and a few locations showed 2 x 4 but only 1 location was redeemable. Other said offer not avail so ymmv

1 Like

Cool!

Which location? I have a running list I’d like to add it to.

Is this one of y’all’s license plates?

14 Likes

I’m amazed that not only did this thread get to 400 posts, it has lasted seven years. It comes back every Lent sort of like Mariah Carey’s “All I Want for Christmas is You” does every December. Thank you for keeping the thread going. It makes me smile every time I get notified of a new post.

Take care

• P.
22 Likes