FTC Confessions

I was going to buy three small peaches for $5 at the farmers market in Saturday, because that is what they cost and they are very good peaches.

Howeverrr… the guy was super nice and said they have a special, so I could get 2 pounds for $7. I only had $8 cash and said, “It’s okay, I need parsley and cilantro for dinner, so I must save my other $3.”

He added another peach to the scale and said, “Okay, five dollars.” I said, “That is so nice, thank you!” Then when he was bagging my peaches, he very casually added a fifth peach. So $1 a peach and a super nice person. I’m happy.

7 Likes

Costs of water , labor ,power , land , insurance,
gas have increased . It’s still top quality veggies or what the FM is selling . Keep supporting these growers please.

2 Likes

I totally agree. I honestly don’t care the price. I want them and I want our farmers and ranchers to keep doing it.

2 Likes

when i hear about hurricane dorian on the news i get a craving for durian.

2 Likes

Whereas I want to go up in the attic and look for a portrait. But that’s not a food confession.

3 Likes

When I hear any hurricane I crave Cococane.

1 Like

I just realized today that FTC also stands for the Federal Trade Commission.

6 Likes

I might be obsessed by The Guardian’s How to Eat monthly, tongue-in-cheek yet completely entertaining and quite educational (I have long-labored under the completely wrong assumption that a Cream Tea was tea with cream in it), column. The comments (sort oldest to newest) are also marvelously opinionated and surprisingly insightful.

2 Likes

I might have an obsessive compulsion to purchase tea. (This is not the whole of the tea stash, but rather what I was able to get into the frame.)

6 Likes

More tea for @ElsieDee

1 Like

Oy, @Sgee, you’re not supposed to be enabling me! I really, really need to work through some of these boxes before I move to more sophisticated offerings.

That said, I kinda really want to check out this Private Chinese Tea Ceremony:

But am also confident knowing that I’d never be able to afford such purchases and, having once experienced such, would then forever long for those fragrances and flavors.

Thus, perhaps it is better to not expose myself - or is it more appropriate to go with the whole “better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all” thing?

(Has anyone here been to the Denong Tea shop in Pasadena?}

1 Like

You ever been to the tea tastings at Tea Habitat in Pasadena?

Looks like they also have a wholesale purchase option if you’re worried about affordability. Only kind of kidding.

1 Like

Y’all are not helping! (Totally kidding, of course!)

Nope, wasn’t even aware of Tea Habitat - it’s now on my GottaDoIt list; thank you. :smile: :star_struck:

(Completely immature of me, but I want to try the Duck Shit tea, if only for the name!)

1 Like

Also check out Steep in Chinatown.

Looks like my wife’s coffee collection.

Can someone check and see if a Curry House near them has closed. The rumor i’m hearing is that they just suddenly closed without telling the employees.

BTW that is also my FTC confession. I love Curry House, in high school we would go to LIttle Tokyo and eat there. We considered it fancy. :rofl:

2 Likes

Also, assuming this photo is representative of the entire collection, you still have the whole world of Japanese and Chinese teas to look forward to exploring!

This place has been trending recently:https:
//kettl.co/

1 Like

Sorry @Hungrydrunk

3 Likes

well, that’s a booo.

thanks for the link.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I know this won’t help with the nostalgia factor but maybe these guys swoop in and start expanding
https://ichibanyausa.com/

1 Like