Good Mexican food inglewood

Where to go for delish Mexican in Inglewood?

Thanks

Coni’s Seafood…

6 Likes

How about churros?

Churros Goddess will make you churros a la minute, and you get 5 for a freaking $1. Save some change and get some platanos frito, if you think your oral hygienist is getting a bit lonely.

Churros Goddess is on Inglewood Blvd, in a parking lot between Lenox and 104 and next to a taco truck.

Oh and one more thing. Don’t eat at the taco truck. Not worth the calories, or the extra flossing.

2 Likes

This is insane.

A bit off topic, but it felt silly to create a new thread…

Where is the good Mexican food on the broader westside? Thinking west of the 405. We’ve been on the hunt for a solid local option and haven’t quite yet hit the sweet spot. To my recollection, some of the one’s we’ve tried:

• Tito’s Tacos - Culver (fine but too long of a line to make it a regular thing)
  • Don Chuy’s - Playa Vista (blah)
  • Senor G’s - Playa del Rey (Ok, but not great)
  • El Abajeno - Mar Vista (It was a while ago, so can’t remember, so I should go back)
  • Cinco - Westchester (enh)
  • Del Taco - Culver (wink)
  • Pinches Tacos - Culver (solid but a bit too far east to make it an easy grab’n’go on the way home)
  • Sol - Playa Vista (so pricey and not that good)
  • Tacos Por Favor - SM/Venice (haven’t tried the Venice location yet, so should do that soon)

Ones we’re thinking of trying:

• Carneceria Sanchez - Mar Vista
  • Tacomiendo - Mar Vista
  • Benny’s Tacos & Chicken Rotisserie - Westchester

Any favorites we’re missing?

1 Like

Tacomiendo is very good, parking is often tight with the other businesses during the day but there is usually a meter free.

3 Likes

Awesome. Thank you! What do you typically order?

I’m also excited to see if the Guadalajara Bakery two doors down ever opens. Their giant “COMMING SOON” (misspelling and all) sign was endearing while it was up.

@President_Mochi: Go to Tacomiendo. Get the carnitas soft taco combo. Be sure to add some pickled onions from the salsa bar. I don’t even bother with the lot during the day, but there’s almost always meter parking. You can also usually find parking around the corner in the neighborhood.

1 Like

@Bigmouth : Sounds great. Appreciate it, dawg.

Just remember… if you don’t like it, it’s @aaqjr’s fault. :wink:

2 Likes

Their free frijoles de la olla next to the salsa bar is always great (had a big bowl of beans like that as an after school snack growing up with sour cream, yum). Usually get a taco plate with 1 with cabeza and one with asada or carnitas the tortillas are very good. I like the birria and enchilada’s as well. They are consistently very good - the only thing I don’t love is the rice which isn’t bad just not at the level of the rest of the food.

3 Likes

Love Tacomiendo.
While the giant burritos turn me off (they are way too stuffed, IMHO) the tacos are excellent.

And I really love
– the free Pot of Beans (add some of the dried spice on the salsa table, possibly oregano, to your beans!!!)
–excellent salsas and pickled onions/peppers
–Chili Rellenos
– the Chicken or Fish Soup - amazing deal - like 9 bucks for a big bowl jam packed with chicken or fish and with a side of tortillas
– the shrimp diablo (watch-out, if you don’t like heat though, it is REALLY HOT) plate is amazing too

Here’s an interesting “old board” discussion of this topic you may find compelling

3 Likes

@CiaoBob : This is great. MUCH APPRESH!

Looking forward to them beans.

Mariscos Chente is worth a shot. They are not of their former greatness, but still good. The shrimp, Marlin and fish tacos are delicious. The Pescado Zerandeado was spot-on the last time we had it (June?).

The freshness of the whole shrimp dishes seemed hit and miss over the past few visits (the shrimp taco and burrito across the street at Taqueria Sanchez is pretty darned good). Chente’s kitchen can be quite slow as well. We usually order out because the karaoke/musica can be REALLY LOUD. If we’re told over the phone that it will take 30 minutes, we usually add an extra 15 minutes and still end up waiting. Still - Mariscos Chente is the only worthy Mariscos joint in the area that we’ve tried.

The Cemitas truck parked at night on Inglewood in front of Northgate supermarket is very good. I think this truck is one of two or three that park around the Westside. I think the truck that is parked during the day in front of the Smart & Final is owned by the same brothers who own truck on Inglewood. Whatever the case, they’re both worth trying.

1 Like

This is really good to know. I wasn’t aware that they still do the Pescado Zerandeado, so I’ll have to give it a go. Based on your note about timing, I imagine it takes 30min, similar to Coni’Seafood? I’ll definitely stop by to try this soon.[quote=“bulavinaka, post:14, topic:4276”]
The Cemitas truck parked at night on Inglewood in front of Northgate supermarket is very good. I think this truck is one of two or three that park around the Westside. I think the truck that is parked during the day in front of the Smart & Final is owned by the same brothers who own truck on Inglewood. Whatever the case, they’re both worth trying.
[/quote]

Sweeeeeet. Noted. Which sandwich is your favorite?

1 Like

The PZ does take around 30 minutes. Other good whole fish are the mojarra frita and chicharron de pescado. The camarones borrachos is something we almost always order as well.

The Cemitas truck does a traditional milanesa - chicken or beef. They have the obligatory head cheese - not fond of it. The cesina and Al postor (not from a trompo) is good too.

1 Like

This is a big favorite of mine at Coni’s Seafood and Cheko el Rey Sarandeado (where Sergio was last known to be cooking)

Have not been to Mariscos Chente on Centinela in a few years, so I don’t know if it holds up with the current chef.

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t know if it holds up either. The kitchen staffing can be challenged. Sometimes I’ve seen the daughter/granddaughter cooking in the kitchen - you know, that family-run dynamic. Yet I’ve been surprised that the food has still been pretty good and the only problem is the amount of time it’s take from order to plate.

Taqueria Sanchez is our go-to when we want quick Mexican. It’s pretty darn good, nice salsas, generous portions, meat is tender and the beans and tortillas are good also.

We have breakfast there a lot, too. The shrimp soup is really great for hangover breakfast.

1 Like

+4 on Tacomiendo.

I used to go to Tacos Por Favor a couple of times a week, but I think Tacomiendo is better and now I don’t even bother going to Tacos Por Favor

I regularly go to the Tacomiendo at Gateway and Pico.

Love the Carnitas, they’re usually crispy, the Asada is good, not Mexicali good, but tasty. The corn tortillas look like they’re handmade.

I also actually like the tacos dorado, I get them with the shredded beef. My better half likes these better than Tito’s and I think I concur.

I too get the beans and add a shot of roja to them. Yum!!

3 Likes