Home Cooking 2020

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kamenstein-World-of-Motion-Rocket-Space-Ship-Teapot-Tea-Kettle/233707331434

I’ve been working on cooking with citrus.

Today’s offering:

11 Likes

Looks good!!

I been craving some egg fried rice with some lap cheong and gai lan stems

1 Like

Hard to find whitefish salad in OC. I made my own. Bought a whole smoked whitefish in sale at WF. Made enough for probably 10 bagels. I gave half to my Korean nurse friend who has never heard of or had whitefish in her life. It was honestly as good as any bagel place in Queens I grew up with.

Celery, onion, dill, black pepper, Kewpie and a splash of salt.

Took off half the red onion. Too much.

14 Likes

Costcos around there don’t have this?

http://www.acmesmokedfish.com/salads/2-lb-smoked-whitefish-salad

Have never looked or thought of Costco for whitefish salad. I’m accustomed to getting my whitefish salad at bagel shop with scallion cream cheese. Never seen whitefish salad at a OC bagel shop. I’ll probably just make my own. I don’t really need a 2 lb tub.

1 Like

Acme is the brand that your bagel shop probably stocks (if it stocks any whitefish salad at all). They are the supplier for many of the appetizing stores in New York, like Russ & Daughters.

3 Likes

Blue Hill Bay / Acme’s better than most bagel shop whitefish salads I’ve had. I use better mayo in my homemade, but on a bagel with onion I’m not sure I could tell the difference.

Last tub I bought I was planning to vacuum-seal two or three portions for future use, but I ended up just eating it.

2 Likes

I try to haul myself out to Greenpoint a few times a year for Acme Smoked Fish Fridays, which is one of the greatest bargains on earth.

1 Like

Haven’t seen that in LA either

1 Like

When I see Acme all I think of is Wil E Coyote and the road runner

6 Likes

Got some gorgeous Trout imported from Armenia today. Fantastic with lavash and dabs of narsharab (Pom. Molasses)

13 Likes

Like a 1:1 ratio of cheese and pasta for the Mac n cheese. Doesn’t even include the butter, cream and milk.

2 Likes

After shot? I’ve never considered just cheese and pasta before.

Tomorrow. I made a roux then added spices, bay leaf, milk and cream and melted all the cheese in the sauce. Topped off with more cheese and toasted breadcrumbs.

2 Likes

Just kill me know…

1 Like

Toast

Blend, strain, then cook over low heat

Fin

9 Likes

Is that jaggery or rock candy or what? No salt?

Rock sugar. And yup, I added a pinch or two of salt.

I subbed out the usual panko for regular Italian breadcrumbs and added more shredded cheese. Everybody liked this version better. Literally not 1 macaroni left.

9 Likes