Home Cooking 2021

If you don’t have a cholesterol problem how about this, Bacon Wrapped, Peach Glazed, Pork Loin on the Rotisserie with The MEATER - YouTube?

2 Likes

Made Greek-like chicken again.

I made more than usual so I had to use a sheet pan rather than my giant oven safe skillet.

9 Likes

First attempt at Wool Roll Bread.

Stuffed wtih pesto and parm. A little uneven on the rolling bit but it sure tasted good.

13 Likes

Cool! I’ve never heard of that before.

ETA: Just watched the Apron video - man, that is FUSSY.

1 Like

Reminded me of this

3 Likes

Made some killer carne asada.

And two salsas…

https://www.foodtalkcentral.com/t/carne-asada-marinade-seasoning/12983/23?u=gr8pimpin

11 Likes

Did a ton of grilling this weekend. Only got to snap these though. Split and grilled lobsters. Cha ca long inspired butter dill sauce for slathering.

14 Likes

Great work!

1 Like

I think I finally got Sicilian right with this sourdough starter

15 Likes

That bottom looks great!

1 Like

Sexxy!

1 Like

i feel horrible taking upskirt pics

2 Likes

Looks incredible! What’s the dough recipe? Oh, and I’ve just made the switch to the Caputo Nuvola for all pizzas and it’s amazing - loft, airyness, bite, it absolutely smashes it:

2 Likes

Vigorous Sourdough starter and king roost’s flour. Freshly milled is so nice!

70% hydration.
Weights depend on your pan size.

Feed night before. In the morning you refresh the starter while hydrating flour separately, then do the mix. Rubaud knead, rest, rubaud, rest, 3 sets of stretch and folds, 2 hours counter ferment, into fridge overnight for cold ferment. Bake day you pull it out for 2 hours, then into pan, rest, stretch, rest, stretch as needed

5 Likes

Seafood boil a la boiling crab at home

Had to split the crab legs in half because my pots weren’t big enough to support the whole leg.

17 Likes

The Momofuku noodles are very good. Comes out to about $2 per package. The noodles themselves are nice. They stay al dente and absorb the sauce well. We tried all 3 packets and my personal favorite was the tingly spicy. A bit of mala but not overwhelmingly so. We like adding some stuff to ours.

7 Likes

Interesting! I got the Momofuku kit from Sun last year and it was meh. I see these are dried. Where did you pick them up…

Online at their store. Waitlist right now. I got suckered into buying 2 packs for $60 to get free shipping. The $30 variety pack comes with 5 packages each of all 3 flavors. So 15 packages total.

2 Likes

Oh! That’s not bad at all! I paid way more for meh dried ramen noodles… Thanks!

Friend made us some bagels. I woke up early and made pancakes. Lox was on sale at Whole Foods. We’re trying to cut back on breakfast meats but those Farmer Johns sausages are so good.

8 Likes