Home Cooking 2024

Sausage-Filled Portobello Mushrooms with Broccolini and Cherry Tomatoes - From the Dinner in One book - Portobello mushrooms are filled with a mixture of Italian pork sausage, panko bread crumbs, garlic, thyme, parmesan, parsley and white wine. Cooked in the oven with some broccolini and cherry tomatoes.

2 Likes

:rofl: omg. I can’t believe that I missed that. Obviously I have been maybe a little too preoccupied on how to use up my Miso brick. :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Put it on BISO chicken. :joy:

3 Likes

Miso BISO Chimken. Maybe he’s not too late to start my food blogs :rofl:

2 Likes

Zuppa Toscana
How I manage to shove 4 bunches of kale into one pot…

Add garlic bread and dinner is a slam dunk.

5 Likes

Sausage and Leek Pizza - used the Jim Lahey dough and cooked in the oven at 500F for 7 minutes. Topped with béchamel sauce, parmesan, mozzarella, blanched leeks, fresh pork sausage, panko bread crumbs and chili flakes

5 Likes

Yum!

1 Like

I have been totally remiss on these posts because living further away from work, being on a super strict budget and having a smaller kitchen…. We have been in cooking survivor mode.

We have been cooking a lot of good stuff, we have an instapot and have regular access to chicken backs (although the Super King only sells chicken feet by the 3lb package!!) so we’ve had a wonderful stream of dishes with a wonderful base of chicken stock…. Soups. Braised and tonight Enchiladas.

I was partially inspired by @Luluthemagnificent’s Mushroom post and my mother’s need to keep giant giant stacks of 4 dozen industrial tortillas which she then pawns out of me whenever I visit. I made my short cut green chile enchiladas.

I was moving and in hysterics all through hatch chile season. So I had none at hand. Instead I use Trader Joe’s Hatch green chile salsa as a base. I lightly boil some like 5 tomatillos with salt and garlic. Put them in a blender with the salsa, a bit of cumin (about 1 tsp), Mexican Oregano (I really like Rancho Gordo), a handful of cilantro (stems okay) and a sprig of epazote and then blitz in a blender super good.

Then, put it back into the pot that you just boiled the tomatillos and heat through so the flavors come together as you prep the rest of tie stuff for stuffing and topping the enchilada — shred Chicken (I poach chicken breast), Chop the onion cilantro (just leaves this time), lettuce, etc…

Then heat up the oil and lightly fry your abomination tortillas. So the edges are firm but it still has some bend. One done shake off the oil and put it in and pot with salsa just long enough to coat it. Stuff and roll in an oven safe pan. Once you are all done…. Top with extra salsa and cheese if your choice (I like queso fresco as it melds with the tortilla)

Put in 350 oven for 15 minutes (Convection Roast). Let it cool for 10. Top to your hearts content!

Not bad for a double trash day Monday!

7 Likes

I could have written that sentence lol!

2 Likes

Where did you buy the fish?

bay area supplier, ABS Seafood/TrueFish.

this norwegian mackerel I sourced from a korean supermarket. bou sushi.

nori is hayashiya nori ten, gokujo. sakasyu sells it.

9 Likes

Very simple but surprisingly tasty dish - kale, beans and garlic are cooked in milk with s&p. Finished with some crumbled, fried rosemary.

4 Likes

Stew with kielbasa, chorizo, red onions, red peppers, garlic, potatoes, diced tomatoes and smoked paprika.

6 Likes

Made a massive amount of beef ragu that I cooked for about 7 hours.

Packed away 4 deli quarts and then used the remainder with orecchiette.

I had some diStefano white truffle burrata so I slapped on top of my portion.

13 Likes

Looking forward to seeing you post again from the Sunny Bungalow! :sun_with_face: :sunflower: :sun_with_face:

3 Likes

Thanks! Hope you have been enjoying P’s updates. We are in awe, but still in major worry phase because so much has yet to be done. Mid year is our hope although afterwards I may be this page’s #1 source of beans and rice recipes. :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Lol I’m in touch with that. We were out of our 90 yr old home for 7 months during the remodel. But you’re going to be sooo happy when it’s done and you see it!

4 Likes

Cold weather requires stew - Black-eyed pea stew with andouille sausage, bacon, kale, celery, leeks, green pepper, onion, garlic, jalapeno, chili flakes, bay leaves and chicken broth. Finished with some cider vinegar.

4 Likes

Very German dinner with kassler (smoked pork chop), carrots, savoy cabbage, and apple in a cream mustard sauce

1 Like

Pasta Salad - unlimited number of recipes available. This one lets you sauté onions, red pepper, carrots, peas and corn before briefly cooking them in vegetable broth so that they start to be softer but still have some bite. Mix with pasta and the sauce made from mayonnaise, sour cream, cornichons , mustard, white wine vinegar, paprika and just a pinch of curry powder.

5 Likes