Horses 🐴 - Hollywood

One way I judge restaurants is how well I can remember the dishes months later. I can’t remember anything about any dish I ate at Horses. I have clear memories of several dishes at Angler. One thrived, one died. There’s no accounting for taste.

1 Like

real subtle flex :rofl:

do you have a plaque yet too?

8 Likes

hold your horses, I’m not on unverified max’s level.

7 Likes

I have had many a pizza from chef Brittany at Roberta’s and private parties prior to Horses. She’s great.

6 Likes

that’s the real flex. plaque forthcoming?

7 Likes

20 posts were split to a new topic: Ken Freidman: threat or menace?

ya i also disagree on the boudin… it’s really great… also i was all about the heavy cumin pork chop… twice. we all have different tastes though @attran99, hope you at least dug the scene… there’s no buzzier place for me in la than sitting in a small booth by the bar. but also i’m woefully lacking in recent experiences

2 Likes

the garden at horses now open. review forthcoming?

4 Likes

Different menu apparently!

and pizza

2 Likes

3 Likes

@PorkyBelly and I said we’ll take whatever has never before been scene by the public

Garibaldi to start the party

My three favorite bites

off menu shmoff menu

13 Likes

still in soft opening, pizzas are thin like flat bread, don’t expect any tomato sauce. while they expand the garden menu, pro move is to bang bang the garden and horses, grab some snacks and a pizza outside then go inside and finish with a burger and hen.

favorite bites
beef carpaccio
blueberry panna cotta
deviled eggs
warm dates
squash, basil, bottarga pizzette

chips and herbs

deviled eggs, tonnato and cantabrian anchovy

warm dates with sobrassada

beef carpaccio on lavash with harry’s bar vinaigrette

tallegio, castelvetrano, marjoram

concord grapes, pecorino, rosemary, honey

late summer squash, basil, bottarga

garden pie, scamorza, ham, add burrata

(off menu) herman

blueberry panna cotta

9 Likes

Are they completely separate menus or is there overlap?

they are separate menus with a few overlaps: oysters, salads, prosciutto and melon, and tiramisu.

3 Likes
3 Likes

We need a Ben appearance on Air Jordan

2 Likes

What do [sic] each of you think is the best seat in the house?

… D3 is low-key one of the best bar stools. You get to sit next to Ben and also you can see the kitchen, too. Ben is a regular who comes in every single night.

And Ben sits at D2?

LJ: D1. We save the seat for him every night.

WA: We inherited him from [former tenants] the Pikey. And the Pikey inherited him from Ye Coach & Horses. He lives a block away.

LJ: He’s just the best guy ever.

3 Likes

Can this restaurant charge more for a table of 6 by forcing a prix-fixe menu for $140 pp for food that would amount to $70pp ordering a la carte if it were a tables of 4? That is what this restaurant is doing - seems outrageous. I know it’s popular atm but this does not seem right.

2 Likes

are you sure you’re getting the same portion amount? maybe you get 2 dishes of the same item for the table of 6 rather than one dish for a table for 4?