January 2022 Rundown

Has some truly excellent cold Sichuan noodles recently at the W. Adams locale. Other things I have had there weren’t so great (hot noodles and dumplings). But I really loved the cold noodles.

2 Likes

that chicken looks :heart:

4 Likes

I was out in Lynwood for a Covid test (all thanks to the Curative website) and found myself at the local chain Bobo’s Burgers. Since I don’t think I’ll be back there in a bit I got the fried zucchini, the onion rings, french fries and a chicken breast sandwich. ($22 total)

The food was hot and quick - my ranking went onion rings, french fries, zucchini. The zukes were fried large slices, almost wedges. If cut thinner the rankings would shift fast.

4 Likes

No pics but had a Jon and vinnys picnic with my usual suspects meatball, mushroom pizza, vodka fusilli, and spicy salad. Went with a wild card which turned out fantastic ham and yeezy pizza def a must order.

I miss having a Jon and vinnys nearby.

6 Likes

Pozoleria Dona Elena (Vista, CA), pozole verde with chicken

Vamos a Texcoco (Vista, CA), lamb barbacoa, consomme was so good

12 Likes

yumeya zushi

:heart: :heart: :heart:

oma maguro toro aged 26 days

sayori

suma katsuo

kobashira

22 Likes

That shari looks glorious.

1 Like

Los Dos Chingones - Boyle Heights

Mixto chilaquiles w/ mixto carnitas breakfast burrito - two weeks in a row, I’m hooked. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Chicken Chick - Torrance

Chicken soltani :heart_eyes: with lubia polo

And hummus

Chosun Galbee - Koreatown

Unmarinated short rib

Marinated short rib :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Pork belly

Broad Street Oyster Co - Smorgasburg

Lobster roll :heart_eyes:

The Bad Jew - Smorgasburg

Reuben and dip

Phoholic - Stanton

#14 Pho w/ brisket, flank, fatty flank, tendon, tripe

Burritos La Palma - El Monte

Platillo especiale :heart_eyes:

Brodard - Fountain Valley

Nem nuong cuon

Mi quang :heart_eyes: wow - never had this before and definitely something I would order again.

Bun dac biet Brodard

Banh Mi Saigon - Westminster

Pork belly banh mi

Simmzy’s - El Segundo

Surprisingly tasty carne asada poutine fries. Not sure why they call it poutine, but it was pretty tasty.

Honey Pig - Buena Park

Galbi and pork jowl :heart_eyes:

And post meal fried rice :heart_eyes:

Banh Oui - Melrose

Garlic shrimp laffa

25 Likes

I need that chilQuiles burrito in my life!

3 Likes

@A5KOBE, I need a super like button for your posts!!

2 Likes

You sure get around!

That looks great but I’d need a nap straightaway.

That Lubia Polo they have there is the best. :fire: :fire: :fire: Love this place… wish it was closer…

2 Likes

That burrito is the greatest burrito creation I’ve had in a long time. And only $10. Mariscos Jalisco and Tacos Y Birria La Unica down the street.

3 Likes

The chilaquiles sauce makes is surprisingly light to eat. Before you know it, it’s gone.

2 Likes

Is it just red chilaquiles or are there different flavor chilaquiles?

2 Likes

Get the mixed chilaquiles which is red and green combined.

3 Likes

Someone on yelp says they have red and green.

2 Likes

Daughters Deli. The sandwich is very similar to Langers but a few differences.

The sandwich was a little light on meat but still probably enough. They put yellow mustard on the sandwich. Don’t worry I already called the Department of Health. Good thing my friend has Guldens mustard in the house. The bread is still excellent and retained the crunch even after Postmates delivery. Pastrami was lovely. I’d be very happy if I lived in West Hollywood. No yellow mustard next time.

14 Likes

Wtf

5 Likes

Another reason to get their version of the #19. :wink:

I agree w/ you that it’s a bit light on the meat.

My contribution this month is Falafel, Inc., in Westwood (thanks to Eater LA). My normal go-to for a cheap lunch is the 1/2 sandwich + 2 sides at Gelson’s (which, bless their hearts is still only $6.99). Labor shortage (I assume) means that the deli counter can take awhile to make the sandwich, and I’m not hugely comfortable waiting around in one location right now. So I did an internet search for “cheap lunch LA” or something like that, and up popped the Eater LA article.

Yes, the falafel could be crisiper. I wish they’d use something other than spinach for the greens (only b/c I don’t like raw spinach). But, even in an absolute sense, the food is decent. For the price ($5 bowl + $1 for hummus), the QPR is outrageously good (IMHO). And apparently they partner w/ World Food Programme, which apparently delivers aid to refugees.

12 Likes