Kato - Extended Tasting Menu

“Sorry Chef Keller, but your iconic flagship is now just a filler bang after the main event.”

:smile:

4 Likes

Sold out quick. Priced at $550 per person (beverage flight included)… I have other Chinese banquets awaiting me elsewhere. Please report back if any FTCers go.

Only if you can get a reservation.

1 Like

TFL vs. Kato ROW… Kato ROW may be the harder of the two tables to secure.

They booked an awesome band.

https://www.douyin.com/share/video/7050395412745800971

1 Like

non-meadowood reservations are live. review forthcoming.

4 Likes

Thank you @PorkyBelly!

1 Like

Oh, this sounds great! Lots of openings still available. I wonder if omicron fears are keeping reservations down, as there’s only inside seating? What a great addition to ROW, but R.I.P. M. Georgina.

Kato-Hayato bang-bang? :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Blockquote

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

Kato completely booked through March.
Are they only doing the $195 tasting menu?

yes, only the $195 tasting menu.

About 13 courses now too. Last time there I believe it was 7, so seems like we’ll be getting some new stuff!

Jury is still out on post-bangs then?

Shibumi

i was told the menu will be entirely new, which means no tapioca-brown butter-uni or boniato yam :sob:

2 Likes

What? Pound for pound (maybe more like ounce for ounce) the tapioca brown butter uni was my favorite bite in LA.

1 Like

eater

after-dinner bang forthcoming…

all star cast there. Ryan handling the wine duties. Austin doing the cocktails. Going from no alcohol to some of the best in the biz.

disclaimer: Kato is an Astrea client but my experiences with Ryan and Austin pre-date their times at Kato and I have great admiration for what both those guys do in their respective spaces.

1 Like

Link needs spoiler warning tag :sunglasses: