Sonoratown

Taco Maria

Villa’s Tacos

Yangban Society

6 Likes

Damn no love for Needle again lol

3 Likes

Thanks for the preview.

@JKB: This list is for the vendors who will help cater the event, and not the 101 actual restaurants (though I would assume there’d be overlap). Maybe Needle will still make the cut on the list (as hopefully Shunji, n/naka, Hayato, etc…).

6 Likes

Phew! Thanks for the clarification @J_L

Needle need more love :sweat_smile: Shake shack opened right across the street this weekend :face_with_peeking_eye::face_holding_back_tears: @JeetKuneBao

2 Likes

The list isn’t out yet but i’m sure they’ll be on the list. They were on the list last year and they served food at the launch party.

3 Likes

I’m wondering if it will just be a 101 list or will they be ranked this year? Some people were assuming that last year was going to be ranked and it wasn’t.

what do you guys think, should the LA Times start ranking them again or just do a list of 101 LA restaurants?

ranking is dubious at best so i much prefer a list or category of restaurants

4 Likes

True. For ranking, I only really looked at the top 10.
If i were to predict top 3 ranked, it would probably be Hayato, Providence, Kato in that order.

Ditto this :+1::hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:

Addison is still the critic, so I’d be shocked if the list isn’t just alphabetical, like last year.

Numerical / star scores and ranks are a fool’s exercise.

As are lists with an arbitrary number of entries, unless you change them up more often, like the Eater 38s.

1 Like

I really hope it is ranked. I love the countdown!! It’s the best part. Just like when they do 500 greatest songs or things of that nature, it loses some luster for me when it’s just a straight up list with no ranking. And it’s fun to discuss why certain restaurants are in certain places.

2 Likes

Funny. I’m the biggest proponent of vegan restaurants here, but Peony and I both thought Crossroads sucks (in our one visit). I do, however, appreciate that LATimes thought it was obligatory to name a vegan restaurant.

I much prefer heritage bbq when it comes to vegan restaurants

12 Likes

so should we expect the official list out December 7th or so? or earlier?

official list gets revealed at the Dec 6th launch party.

3 Likes

ranked this year

Huh?

list will be ranked

5 Likes

yay! I can’t wait

what predictions do people have for number one??