Late Breakfast/Early Lunch - Close to Culver City High School

Going to be in the neighborhood on Sunday morning for a soccer match. I am woefully deficient on my geographical knowledge of the area. I think that Sawtelle is close by, but perhaps in the opposite direction of the way home (we’ll be going east on the 10). Pasta Sisters is on the way home, but I think the match is over at around 9:45AM. Open to anything because the chowpup will be voraciously hungry after a full match.
Thanks!

Quiadaiyn is west on Venice from there a bit, but opens early daily. Good little Oaxacan spot.

1 Like

Metro Cafe 11188 Washington Place
http://metrocafela.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/menu.pdf

3 Likes

Was looking up the relatively location as you posted! 1.1 miles from Culver City HS, and a great place for adults/kids.

2 Likes

maple block, copenhagen pastry bang bang
or make a pitstop off the 10 for taqueria los anaya

1 Like

Just checked the hours; didn’t realize it opened so early (10AM) on Sun. I think that’s a great choice, too.

1 Like

Hi @attran99,

Not right next to CCHS, but since you’re already out here on the Westside, Gjusta is about ~15 - 20 min west of CCHS, if you wanted to finally try it. :wink: And they open for Breakfast, Brunch, etc.

1 Like

I had considered it, but it’s in the opposite direction of home.

1 Like

You’ll be very close to Destroyer and Lodge too

1 Like

Metro Cafe has their hearty Serbian bean & ham stew available usually after 11:30AM… Classic Euro post-football fare, IMHO.

4 Likes

Simonette in the Palihotel?

1 Like

C & M Cafe (Chicken & Monkey)

I do not get to that area the way I used to so I haven’t been there since they moved to their new location. Looks like their menu’s changed but we liked it the two times we went.

Its in Palms.

We have a thread on it here:

1 Like

Cafe Laurent is walking distance from CCHS, next to the Plunge in Vet’s Park. It’s not gourmet, but it is pleasant, with a nice owner and very decent omelettes and pastries.

1 Like

Rutt’s is decent. Seconding Taqueria Los Anaya as its probably only a 10 minute drive from CCHS that time.

1 Like

Twenty minutes.

Waze says if you leave at 9:49am from CCHS on Sunday, you’ll be there at 10 am, so 11 minutes. I’m a little further west and have gotten there in 13. Parking, however, is another matter.

Destroyer?

1 Like

I don’t know that a super hungry teen would love Destroyer

We always went to Tito’s tacos after soccer. Maybe not gourmet but i loved it

2 Likes

Johnnie’s Pastrami around the corner from Tito’s Tacos for a change?

2 Likes

Pickles!!!

1 Like